Looking for new Headphones

Maxitom

HI all, I am looking for a new pair of wireless headphones for gaming

Especially for counterstrike and h1z1 where I need to be able to hear footsteps from a distance as well as be able to hear a clear difference between noise coming from forward and behind. has to be wireless only because I get up from my desk a lot while gaming and I like to hear whats going on if I'm taking a crap or whatever.

I was thinking of the Corsair Void but I'm not too sure.

Looking for the community's thoughts.

Cheers,

Tommy

49 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

Especially for counterstrike and h1z1 where I need to be able to hear footsteps from a distance as well as be able to hear a clear difference between noise coming from forward and behind. has to be wireless only because I get up from my desk a lot while gaming and I like to hear whats going on if I'm taking a crap or whatever.

Cheers,

Tommy

Corsair VOID's good. My friends had quite a few issues.

http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/A50-GEN3.html

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-840

https://shop.turtlebeach.com/us/elite-800

My other friend can voucher for the astro a50s

I can vouch for the Steelseries ones. I have the siberia 800s and I fucking love them. I can recommend those. They are very very good.

Mic's not too good. You might forget that you're wearing them though because they are quite comfortable

52 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

Cheers,

Tommy

Recommended that you use USB for audio though. If you use multichannel then use that and aux, just make sure that you boost the audio in realtek drivers by 10db: http://www.walterdevos.be/increase-sound-volume-beyond-100-on-realtek-hd-audio

I can only recommend those headphones though, they are EXTREMELY GOOD

I forgot to mention that my budget is around 150$ AUD so thats like 100 USD

18 hours ago, jkeasley said:

Recommended that you use USB for audio though. If you use multichannel then use that and aux, just make sure that you boost the audio in realtek drivers by 10db: http://www.walterdevos.be/increase-sound-volume-beyond-100-on-realtek-hd-audio

I currently have the Razer Chaimera headset. which is like 5 years old but I don't know how, but I compared them to my mate's headset which was the Razer black shark headset and mine sound way better, the only thing I am giving up is comfort but as they are my first real gaming headset and I have had them for a year they have done really well. the reason why I want to get a new headset is because the battery in the chaimera is slowly starting to die, they used to last me over 10 hours on 1 charge. now they only are lasting 1-2 hours if I'm lucky. I'm constantly changing the batteries in them and it seems like every time I charge the headset they seem to loose some battery life on a full charge.

30 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

I currently have the Razer Chaimera headset. which is like 5 years old but I don't know how, but I compared them to my mate's headset which was the Razer black shark headset and mine sound way better, the only thing I am giving up is comfort but as they are my first real gaming headset and I have had them for a year they have done really well. the reason why I want to get a new headset is because the battery in the chaimera is slowly starting to die, they used to last me over 10 hours on 1 charge. now they only are lasting 1-2 hours if I'm lucky. I'm constantly changing the batteries in them and it seems like every time I charge the headset they seem to loose some battery life on a full charge.

G933s would be your best option.

That's the cheapest you'll get. I also live in australia so yeah

Maybe take a look at the man o' wars. As for your budget, you won't get much decent in terms of wireless headphones, but with wired, you can get a decent pair

5 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

16 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

G933s would be your best option.

That's the cheapest you'll get. I also live in australia so yeah

Maybe take a look at the man o' wars. As for your budget, you won't get much decent in terms of wireless headphones, but with wired, you can get a decent pair

I don't know whether I should go with the void or g933's I'm looking for something that is easy to charge. with the headset, i have now I just chuck it on its stand and it charges, no cords or cables needed.

1 hour ago, Maxitom said:

the reason why I want to get a new headset is because the battery in the chaimera is slowly starting to die

Isn't the chaimera's battery replaceable?

DSC_4028.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS120-Wireless-Headphones-Charging/dp/B0001FTVEK

These don't have a mic, but at the price you could get a separate mic.

2 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Isn't the chaimera's battery replaceable?

DSC_4028.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS120-Wireless-Headphones-Charging/dp/B0001FTVEK

These don't have a mic, but at the price you could get a separate mic.

I need to replace the batteries at least 2 times a week. the battery life per charge decreases every charge. at this stage right now I can only play about 1-2 games of CSGO without it constantly dying. its very strange, but if you know a fix please let me know. (i dont use the mic on my headset so no need to worry about mic quality or whatever)

5 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

I need to replace the batteries at least 2 times a week. the battery life per charge decreases every charge. at this stage right now I can only play about 1-2 games of CSGO without it constantly dying. its very strange, but if you know a fix please let me know. (i dont use the mic on my headset so no need to worry about mic quality or whatever)

Try a good battery then? something like Sanyo Eneloop might solve the problem. They are rechargeable and works well for everything i use at home..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

6 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Try a good battery then? something like Sanyo Eneloop might solve the problem. They are rechargeable and works well for everything i use at home..

I actually didn't think of that hahaha. I was putting Duracell ones in (not rechargeable) i think i might need to out and grab some rechargeable ones. cheers bud.

6 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

I actually didn't think of that hahaha. I was putting Duracell ones in (not rechargeable) i think i might need to out and grab some rechargeable ones. cheers bud.

That's your problem, Honestly I'm surprised that charging non rechargeable batteries didn't damage your headphones.  Any pair of NIMH battery's should last you hundreds of charges.

4 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

That's your problem, Honestly I'm surprised that charging non rechargeable batteries didn't damage your headphones.  Any pair of NIMH battery's should last you hundreds of charges.

what do u mean 'damaged' is there anything I should be looking out for? because they might already be damaged

what do u mean 'damaged' is there anything I should be looking out for? because they might already be damaged

Battery acid leaks mainly.

battery5.jpg

Generally a white powdery substance on or around the connectors, very corrosive.

Video tutorial on how to clean it.

3 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Battery acid leaks mainly.

battery5.jpg

Generally a white powdery substance on or around the connectors, very corrosive.

Video tutorial on how to clean it.

I haven't had that yet. i have switched the batteries about 15 times lmao

27 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

I haven't had that yet. i have switched the batteries about 15 times lmao

You replacing them as frequently as you did probably helped.  Anything else (like the batteries overheating when they were charging, you probably would have noticed).

Try getting a pair of NIMH battery's, that would be your cheapest option.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/consequences-of-charging-a-nonrechargeable-battery

I would recommend reading this, while you haven't had any problems with charging non rechargeable batteries yet, there are major risks in recharging them.

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

You replacing them as frequently as you did probably helped.  Anything else (like the batteries overheating when they were charging, you probably would have noticed).

Try getting a pair of NIMH battery's, that would be your cheapest option.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/consequences-of-charging-a-nonrechargeable-battery

I would recommend reading this, while you haven't had any problems with charging non rechargeable batteries yet, there are major risks in recharging them.

thanks bud, i will go out and buy some tonight.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, jkeasley said:

strongly disagree. Usb is not better, and 3.5mm is generally loud enough, and the solution to get it louder is not what  you linked, but buying an amp.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

14 hours ago, spwath said:

strongly disagree. Usb is not better, and 3.5mm is generally loud enough, and the solution to get it louder is not what  you linked, but buying an amp.

Other way around for me. USB is louder and 3.5mm is lower. As for USB vs 3.5. USB is better because they have a built in dac

Also, the solution that I linked was a way to boost 3.5mm audio for free. It works well, it doesnt peak. You dont NEED to buy an amp, or anything else when you can simply boost the volume.