Upgrade(help!)

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading my computer to better handle games. I mainly play WOW, FF14, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and Skyrim, but may eventually expand my library. I mainly want to be able to play at 1080 resolution with max settings and very high frame rates, with the potential to maybe go to higher resolutions in the future with little trouble. I am wanting to stay around the $500 price range. Researching has been extremely difficult to comprehend and I would like to see if anyone can help me come up with a potential build.

My current rig is:

ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 
8 GB of Ram DDR3
AMD FX 6300 - Six-Core Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6670
550 Watt PSU

Any help is appreciated :D

1 minute ago, Sphelix said:

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading my computer to better handle games. I mainly play WOW, FF14, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and Skyrim, but may eventually expand my library. I mainly want to be able to play at 1080 resolution with max settings and very high frame rates, with the potential to maybe go to higher resolutions in the future with little trouble. I am wanting to stay around the $500 price range. Researching has been extremely difficult to comprehend and I would like to see if anyone can help me come up with a potential build.

My current rig is:

ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 
8 GB of Ram DDR3
AMD FX 6300 - Six-Core Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6670
550 Watt PSU

Any help is appreciated :D

get a 580 first, then save up for a Ryzen 5

What's your power supply?

Should be able to get a R5 1600, B350 mobo, 8GB of DDR4 and a RX 580 4GB for about $550.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I would go with a rx580 or a gtx 1060 or gtx 1070 then see what your frames are and if you are not happy with it get a new cpu. Also you could oc your fx 6300 to something around 4.3 or 4.5ghz fx chips can reach 1.5-1.55v. I got a fx 8320 that was running 4.5ghz with 1.53v about stable and works just fine. Ended up  unoverclocking it as my gtx 780 stopped working and was thinking my psu wasnt powerful enough anymore but long story short something on the cards power delivery died most likely a get or choke or something around them lines. But 1.5-1.55v is safe for most fx chips just make sure you have the cooling and if you don't wanna risk frying the chip don't push it over 1.5v. You hAve a better mobo then me as well as I just have a 970 and not the 990 I've also heard people pushing fx chips to 1.6v or more for a few years and nothing went wrong.

As @cowpker4life said, "go with a rx580 or a gtx 1060 or gtx 1070 then see what your frames are". You could go with an RX 580 and then save up another $300 for a proper build with limited sacrifices.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2