H80i GT not working?

Ok so I built my pc a while ago, about 2 and half years now. When I built my PC everything worked fine, including my cooler. However, I was unaware that the Corsair H80i GT came with a Corsair data link cable when i was building so I never installed it until i came across a video recently that showed the cooler having that cable. Therefore, I opened my case and plugged the Corsair Data Link cable into my PC and restarted it. However, when I restarted it, the LED "Corsair" letters didn't light up and the cooler isn't being detected anywhere at all, not in BIOS, Corsair Link, anything. The weird part is though, the cooler still works, my CPU stays cool even though the cooler isn't being recognized. Another thing is, should i have the cooler plugged into System Fan or CPU Fan because when I plug it into CPU Fan it gets super loud

7 minutes ago, noahbentley200 said:

Ok so I built my pc a while ago, about 2 and half years now. When I built my PC everything worked fine, including my cooler. However, I was unaware that the Corsair H80i GT came with a Corsair data link cable when i was building so I never installed it until i came across a video recently that showed the cooler having that cable. Therefore, I opened my case and plugged the Corsair Data Link cable into my PC and restarted it. However, when I restarted it, the LED "Corsair" letters didn't light up and the cooler isn't being detected anywhere at all, not in BIOS, Corsair Link, anything. The weird part is though, the cooler still works, my CPU stays cool even though the cooler isn't being recognized. Another thing is, should i have the cooler plugged into System Fan or CPU Fan because when I plug it into CPU Fan it gets super loud

The LEDs could've died

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

On 5/21/2017 at 9:06 PM, Billy_Mays said:

The LEDs could've died

But then why isn't my cooler being detected anywhere by anything?

32 minutes ago, noahbentley200 said:

But then why isn't my cooler being detected anywhere by anything?

Try a different header

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500