What do you guys think of my drawing?

Yoo Song Won

This is only my third time using a digital, drawing tablet (Wacom Intuos Art) and I'm also new to actually trying draw well.

I've always been lazy and never really put that much effort into drawing so I'm hoping to get better after some practise.

What do you guys think of it? (Far from finished by the way)

Screen Shot 05-19-17 at 05.53 PM.PNG

Meh.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

The anatomy of the face is not awesome, but it's a good start. Try to imagine a skull in her head (or straight up paste one in there) and see where the facial features should go.

Eye placement vertically is good though, which is something most absolute beginners get wrong, so you're starting off good.

You should also figure out where the light is coming from. Remember, shadows are places where the light does not hit (directly).

It almost seems like you are being conflicted between having the light on the left, right and top.

Highlights are placed at areas where light hits the hardest, so just wherever. Really on use it some places for extra effect.

It's a good start, but some of the knowledge in other places.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

its decent, looks like something out of aladdin with lighter complexion. 

People are so harsh... :|

You're new to drawing, and that is amazing! Are there some features to fix? Sure, but you'll get better in time!

Practice makes perfect~

5 hours ago, Emilyraexo said:

People are so harsh... :|

You're new to drawing, and that is amazing! Are there some features to fix? Sure, but you'll get better in time!

Practice makes perfect~

Practice makes perfect, but practicing a thing the wrong way over and over is a sure way to build up bad habits. Sure some critique is not nice, but it's meant to showcase the flaws in the piece (and a way to better it), plus of course it's meant to highlight the things done well, so the person who drew it knows what to do and not to do in the next piece.

Although a post like 'Meh' is not very helpful.. It does showcase a point of view. Apparently this person found the piece to be boring I guess.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know nothing about drawing... looks great to me. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Not too shabby at all - especially being new to digital drawing.  I love Intuos tablets, and have since found a free program that works well with them called Krita (krita.org).  I love the way this program handles for sketching and painting, so I hope you have lots of creative fun!

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

I am so confused....

People here are saying that it needs improvement, (Which I totally agree on) and that the anatomy is a bit weird.

On Facebook, people are saying that it's awesome and that they wished they were at good at art as I am.

I guess it's subjective?

People at Facebook are not going to critique, environment is different there. Unless you asked specifically for tips, critique and how to improve. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

4 hours ago, Yoo Song Won said:

I am so confused....

People here are saying that it needs improvement, (Which I totally agree on) and that the anatomy is a bit weird.

On Facebook, people are saying that it's awesome and that they wished they were at good at art as I am.

I guess it's subjective?

May be inexperienced people that don't know what to look for. Most people are not gonna mention stuff like "anatomy", "color theory", "shading", etc. They are just going to say "neat picture".

You asked me what I thought and as someone interested in art and learning myself I gave a honest critique + some tips. IMO that will help you out a lot more than simple "oh cool picture".

But that is just my thought.. Also, basically all artists need improvement in some way, even art from those who have been drawing professionally for years.

It looks fine. I find it hard to judge artwork, based off of the fact that art is subjective and styles vary- so it can be difficult to tell if certain aspects are caused by lack of artistic skill or if they were intentional. In example, I drew my profile pic and I love the way it looks, but I've gotten comments that it's too basic or not detailed enough- although the image is everything that I want it to be. Overall, I just like most art since it shows the creativity of our species.