Thick black lines on cell phone camera

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is causing this and how I can fix it?

I'm trying to take photos of some small items so I can sell them online; however, when I get in close, the screen on my phone (whilst in camera app) starts getting these black lines that move up and down or flicker across the screen. Those lines are then captured when I take a picture (as shown in the images I attached).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

01.png

02.png

1 minute ago, sorasmemories said:

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is causing this and how I can fix it?

I'm trying to take photos of some small items so I can sell them online; however, when I get in close, the screen on my phone (whilst in camera app) starts getting these black lines that move up and down or flicker across the screen. Those lines are then captured when I take a picture (as shown in the images I attached).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

What are your lights you are using it looks almost like the the PWM flicker from LED lights or AC mains from the wall.

Just use flicker free lighting.

Hmmm. Before you take it is it showing the black lines and If so do the black lines flicker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your replies, everyone! My setup is basically a small light box with two lamps on the side and one on top. I didn't think the light was causing the issue because my handheld digital camera doesn't get those lines like my cell's camera does. I wanna use my phone, however, cause it is much newer and takes better pictures.

I looked at my order for these desk lamps and see they are LED's with a gel filter covering the head of the bulb. I turned off the top lamp and that got rid of the lines; so, it is definitely that exposed bulb. I tried changing the bulb to something different ("natural light") and it did help, but the lines are still somewhat visible.

The taller lamp I have for the top of the light box doesn't have an option to install a filter; so, what type of bulb would work best? Or, would I be better off getting a gel filter lamp?

22 minutes ago, sorasmemories said:

Thank you for your replies, everyone! My setup is basically a small light box with two lamps on the side and one on top. I didn't think the light was causing the issue because my handheld digital camera doesn't get those lines like my cell's camera does. I wanna use my phone, however, cause it is much newer and takes better pictures.

I looked at my order for these desk lamps and see they are LED's with a gel filter covering the head of the bulb. I turned off the top lamp and that got rid of the lines; so, it is definitely that exposed bulb. I tried changing the bulb to something different ("natural light") and it did help, but the lines are still somewhat visible.

The taller lamp I have for the top of the light box doesn't have an option to install a filter; so, what type of bulb would work best? Or, would I be better off getting a gel filter lamp?

It's a bit of trial an error as some cameras pick it up more so than others, but generally for good quality lighting you will want high CRI bulbs that use high frequency PWM control for dimming as that is much harder for the camera to pick up.