What is so amazing about a fidget spinner?

Merkey

Why do people make videos, take instagram pics or even buy one of theese spinning things? Am I missing something?

It's just a current trend. You should buy one, they're kinda cool.

Edit: A cheap one anyway.

They're the first example of a perpetual motion machine, powered by naught but the attentiveness of it's holder, when said holder is supposed to be doing something more productive. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

"Everybody has these so it should only follow that I get one too". You're not missing anything, you're just not a dumb impressionable kid or an "influencer" who makes money off them.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

It's mostly a trend. I get the alternative usages for such things, but I have no idea how they became so damn popular.

Nothing. For people who have a short attention span. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

actually, the trick with fidget spinners is that if you reach a certain number of revolutions per minute it ionizes the air within a 6foot radius, which in turn increases the convection footprint of your CPU cooler, giving it a massive boost in efficiency and increasing overclocks an average of 80% while reducing heat output by half.   and it makes your hair grown back too

I'm not an expert! In fact I'm usually just 1 google search ahead of you. 

On 5/21/2017 at 5:03 AM, Merkey said:

Why do people make videos, take instagram pics or even buy one of theese spinning things? Am I missing something?

Ego

Look at me

Now that you mention it several people at my work have been playing around with these things but I didn't think anything of it. I assumed it was an isolated thing, that someone saw a box of them on sale or something, then started distributing them around the office. I had no idea this was some modern, irl meme.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

9 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

ya know

i can't wait until someone invents re-popable bubble wrap. 

I'm sure they will. It will be rechargeable, the bubbles will inflate some time after being popped. It will become a huge craze and soon all the cool kids will be doing it.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

They spin!

Their heads will too once I get my hands on them

On 5/22/2017 at 10:25 PM, Thunderpup said:

ya know

i can't wait until someone invents re-popable bubble wrap. 

On 5/23/2017 at 7:54 AM, Xanthe_2871 said:

I'm sure they will. It will be rechargeable, the bubbles will inflate some time after being popped. It will become a huge craze and soon all the cool kids will be doing it.

Hmm, Japanese invented that some time ago

On 5/23/2017 at 8:34 PM, Niksa said:

Hmm, Japanese invented that some time ago

That's not the same! :( pretty cool though.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:03 AM, Merkey said:

Because its the stupid Facebook age where people upload video's and pictures of literally EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its actually quite lame.

It boils down to the "Look At Me" Syndrome which has to do with Ego, Self Centeredness all the characters of a alcoholic, drug addict or any addict for that matter whether it be food, gym, work, sex, gambling, nicotine, caffeine, prescription drugs (Chris Cornell), illegal drugs, OTC pills (taking too many sleepers, too many OTC pain killers)

No idea, but I saw a faculty member play with one today.

The thing sort of spins itself, so I don't see what's so fidgety about it.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx