Info you ran across and found interesting

yathis

There is a part of land in Canada that is French land. St. Pierre und Miquelon, Middle of South coast of NFL close to the shore on the arm, easily found on google maps.

Quick facts

Saint Pierre and Miquelon is a French archipelago south of the Canadian island of Newfoundland. Sparsely populated Miquelon-­Langlade island contains the Grand Barachois lagoon, home to seabirds and seals. The busier Saint Pierre island has a distinct French atmosphere, with a cathedral and the Musée Heritage, which celebrates regional history. An island nearby, Île-aux-Marins, features an abandoned fishing village.
  • Population:
    • 6,080 (Jan 2011)
  • Capital:
    • Saint-Pierre
  • Currency:
    • Euro

Also you can not copy and paste a google maps link to LTT forums.

What stuff have you guys ran across randomly that you found interesting?

The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

It's a rather interesting fact.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Is that serious @Drak3

I ran across these facts

Hitlers personal doctor was actually a veterinarian.

Hitler was born in Austria

Hitler was in World War I and awarded two Iron Crosses for bravery.

Near the end of the war, Hitler was trembling all the time, and doped up on countless pills of cocaine, lsd, heroin, countless.

40 minutes ago, yathis said:

Is that serious @Drak3

Near the end of the war, Hitler was trembling all the time, and doped up on countless pills of cocaine, lsd, heroin, countless.

Here's another interesting fact.  LSD wasn't first synthesized until 1938, and wasn't intentionally ingested until 1943 by Albert Hofmann.  

90% of what you read on the internet is BS and the other 11% requires tertiary education to properly understand.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There was actually a VHS standard capable of storing HD video, it had a capacity of 50GB.

You only get the sensation of suffocation when CO2 builds up in your body. Lack of oxygen doesn't trigger it. This is one of the reasons CO is so dangerous. 

The fastest man-made object wasn't voyager 1 (62 140km/h). It was the helios 2 probe, which achieved a staggering 252 792Km/h speed. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Coke and Pepsi were both created by pharmacists, and yes coke did have cocaine in it's original recipe.

George Washington Carver invented a form of bio fuel from peanuts along with a large number of other peanut related inventions.  Just not peanut butter. 

The term "bucks" when referring to money goes back to the colonial period in north america where Bartering was very common.  Paying for items with dead dear was common due to the hides, antlers, and meat was quite valuable back then and had a lot of uses. (how much for that wagon?, about 10 bucks)

"Rifling", which is the act of creating curved grooves in a barrel in order to make the projectile spin, actually dates back long before the American revolution.  It was common for hunters and sharpshooters to have rifled barrels, but soldier's rifles almost never did.  Because they were much harder to load and the increase in accuracy and range was not worth the longer load times.

(i learned those last 2 facts from the resident gunsmith at Colonial Williamsburg)

Only 5% of slaves that came from africa ended up in North America.  The other 95% mainly went to the carribean and south america (namely brazil) to work on sugar plantations.  Working conditions were brutal as sugar cane had to be processed within 24 hours of harvesting or it would spoil.  As a result slaves often worked 20+ hours a day and if their limbs got caught in a machine they would get chopped off.  Because of this a constant supply of new slaves was needed to offset their losses.  

The Netherlands once had a merchant fleet larger than france and england combined.

Italian food in the U.S was mainly a niche food found in Italian communities prior to the 1940s. After ww2  returning soldiers that had fought in Italy sought the food out which caused it to raise in popularity.

Chef Boyardee was a real life Chef named Hector Boiardi.  He had an Italian restaurant that grew in popularity after WW2 where he often provided the ingredients to making the stuff at home to include the sauce and uncooked pasta.   Eventually he started a distribution company and convinced local tobacco farmers to switch to tomatoes to meet his supply needs.  The spelling of "Boyardee" used today was chosen by Boiardi because it's how his last name is correctly pronounced.

12 hours ago, yathis said:

Is that serious @Drak3

I ran across these facts

Hitlers personal doctor was actually a veterinarian.

Hitler was born in Austria

Hitler was in World War I and awarded two Iron Crosses for bravery.

I doubt the first and last one but everything else sounds right. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

6 hours ago, ImadKnight said:

I doubt the first and last one but everything else sounds right. 

The History Channel

You could see his hand trembling as he tries to hide it behind his back as he oddly touches children who are going out to fight for him.

info i found intresting

hmm, ah i got one! and it's true!

everything was better in the 90s as The Last Leg shows

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!