A Weird Request, But Maybe Someone Here Sees Something I Overlooked

Yeah. I know this is a weird place to be asking this but I have a question.

I have a MacBook Air A1466 that was given to me by a friend, that I am trying to fix up to sell and get a GPU upgrade (yay!) but am having an issue with it. I just cannot get it to boot. I have tried everything including:

• SMC Reset
  • PRAM Reset
  • Static Reset (Remove all power hold down power button)
  • Attempting to power on through the pads on the logic board.
  • Contacting Apple support (they didn't know what a SSD was somehow)

Heres the thing I've been wondering. there is no SSD in the system, and the system seems to have fully charged itself while its been plugged into the power adapter without me messing with it. I feel like the mac is working fine except for the boot process, and I feel it could have something to do with the missing SSD. I've never head of something like that, but since I have already ordered a 128GB M.2 SSD for use in my main rig, I am planning on testing that tomorrow. Please also note that I barley ever work on Macs and when I do it's basic things like an OS reinstall or data recovery.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Obviously you MBA will need a properly formatted and set up drive to boot, what else would it boot off of?

Also, unless you used an external thunderbolt graphics card like the Razer Core, it would be basically impossible.

*Using all my key terminology after watching the latest techquickie.....   xD

1 hour ago, ArduinoBen said:

Obviously you MBA will need a properly formatted and set up drive to boot, what else would it boot off of?

Also, unless you used an external thunderbolt graphics card like the Razer Core, it would be basically impossible.

*Using all my key terminology after watching the latest techquickie.....   xD

@ArduinoBen, that was obvious, but I mean literally no boot at all. No signs of life except the light on the charger. Just took it all the way apart and there is no signs of liquid damage.

Just was looking for some sign of life but for now will be waiting for a SSD.