Mac Pro Cooling

Patrick1610

Hi, 

I was wondering if I could upgrade the air coolong of a 2009 Mac Pro (4.1/5.1). 

It gets very loud when working hard and I would love to have quitte fans since liquidatie cooling is not really an Option. 

Thanks! 

Patrick

water cool it just like linus did 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

2 hours ago, weed said:

water cool it just like linus did 

I couldn't find a Linus episode about that. Was hoping there was one since that's what I'd like to have! 

Do you have a link how to set that up?

15 hours ago, rrubberr said:

You might be able to change fans easily if they are standard size and header, but there just isn't enough accessible space for liquid cooling.

Yeah, when Water cooling is not possible that would be my next Option. I don't know what to look for when searching for compatible fans. 

Was hoping anyone would know Some fans that would fit in the Mac Pro fan places. 

19 hours ago, Patrick1610 said:

I couldn't find a Linus episode about that. Was hoping there was one since that's what I'd like to have! 

Do you have a link how to set that up?

Here it is 

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

3 hours ago, weed said:

Here it is 

3 hours ago, weed said:

Here it is 

Perfect! Was hoping you were seriously trying to help ...

Just now, Patrick1610 said:

Perfect! Was hoping you were seriously trying to help ...

Well i have one idea, you know those tables which people put their laptops on and like they connect it to a USB and it has like 4 fans and cools your laptop? also sorry about the troll

Specs

Workstation:

10 hours ago, weed said:

Well i have one idea, you know those tables which people put their laptops on and like they connect it to a USB and it has like 4 fans and cools your laptop? also sorry about the troll

Sound like a good option to improve the cooling for a laptop. Since my Mac Pro weighs about 18 kg I don't think the fan table will like it when I put my Mac on top. Also, the main problem is not that it does not cool, but that the fans make a lot of noise. I was hoping there would be some 3rd party fans which make less noise that fit in the Mac Pro (or, in the ideal situation, liquid cooling). Thanks for the idea though! 

This forum post on Macrumors has people talking about the case fans. They say that you are going to have several issues:

1) They are not held on with screws but are part of the case, and held on with rubber grommets that have to be cut out.

2) They are not standard PC case fans, and use a different header than a standard one.

3) They are all 120mm fans, but the thickness varies from where you pull them from.

Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, Patrick1610 said:

Sound like a good option to improve the cooling for a laptop. Since my Mac Pro weighs about 18 kg I don't think the fan table will like it when I put my Mac on top. Also, the main problem is not that it does not cool, but that the fans make a lot of noise. I was hoping there would be some 3rd party fans which make less noise that fit in the Mac Pro (or, in the ideal situation, liquid cooling). Thanks for the idea though! 

I found this on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BYK9CX0/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1495472456&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=macbook+pro+cooling+pad&dpPl=1&dpID=41EDeON0TyL&ref=plSrch it is supposedly made to carry macbooks and cool them 

Specs

Workstation: