Looking for a good guide on taking Night Shots, Good Day shots, Finding good angles and Timelapses.

Planning to get a DSLR at some point, for now I'm borrowing one, can someone point me to some good guides to the more advanced picture shooting aspect of having one? 

What i want to do:

I'm a trainspotter, I want some very HQ professional pictures.

I want to be able to do timelapses of large stations, Take night pictures of trains flying past like this: http://imgur.com/lTgia6o  , Know what lenses to use (Got a macro, a zoom and a telephoto) and learn how to tune the camera settings.

Thanks in advance.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

2 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

Planning to get a DSLR at some point, for now I'm borrowing one, can someone point me to some good guides to the more advanced picture shooting aspect of having one? 

What i want to do:

I'm a trainspotter, I want some very HQ professional pictures.

I want to be able to do timelapses of large stations, Take night pictures of trains flying past like this: http://imgur.com/lTgia6o  , Know what lenses to use (Got a macro, a zoom and a telephoto) and learn how to tune the camera settings.

Thanks in advance.

Practice makes perfect.

2 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

I want some very HQ professional pictures.

Practice, practice, practice.

3 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

Read the manual, look online for photography guides.  For long exposure and timelapses, you should get a timer remote.  For lenses, come back when you've decided on a camera system to buy.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

7 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

For lenses, come back when you've decided on a camera system to buy.

I'm looking at the 50D (used), but I'm open to other options around £250-£350.

That's what I'm going to be using for now anyway.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

1 hour ago, pbx2 said:

I'm looking at the 50D (used), but I'm open to other options around £250-£350.

That's what I'm going to be using for now anyway.

Canon has a lot of good first party lenses, both brand new and second hand used.  There are also good third party lenses.  It's a matter of finding them and normally the basic 18-55mm kit lens is a good starter/beginner lens.  350 is not a big budget and I think you should just start with a camera body, kit lens and look for a cheap timer remote on ebay.  You can get a decent one for around $25, plus/minus a few $, just make sure it's a compatible model.

You'll also need a tripod or gorrilapod or some other form of camera support.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins