Buy a new desk or use old one

pctechgeek

I have a huge IKEA L shaped desk and I was wondering if I should strip the varnish off and make it black or just sell it and buy a black desk. I really like my l shaped desk but its gotta be black to match my theme I'm going for (black and red)

deskz.jpg

3 minutes ago, pctechgeek said:

I have a huge IKEA L shaped desk and I was wondering if I should strip the varnish off and make it black or just sell it and buy a black desk. I really like my l shaped desk but its gotta be black to match my theme I'm going for (black and red)

deskz.jpg

Desks don't matter unless you have Major OCD

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

TBH keeping the table might be a nice contrast. On the other hand, if u have the money, feel free. I am not sure stripping the paint on an IKEA desk is a good idea unless its a solid wood top layer. Or just get a few LARGE mouse pads. I mean huge xd. U can get some on massdrop.

One last thing, look into investing better 2.1 speakers if u want to or use them often. (maybe use that money from that desk on some bookshelf speakers and an amp.

The Giant mousepad;I've seen those before they look pretty cool. I am actually looking into a pair of 2.1 speakers just dont have the money yet.

Rather than stripping the varnish off, maybe just scour it with steel wool. Instead of painting it, consider plasti-dip spray or a rubber coating. I think it would look great in a matte black finish.

A vinyl sticker could be used as well. Those are easy to remove and you will only need a hairdryer to secure them. Get the textured ones if they are available in your area.