WINNERS OF THE CASE MOD WORLD SERIES 2017 Annouced

Cooler Master just wrapped up the 8th annual "Case Modding World Series" by announcing the winners of this years contest. 

I was very impressed by the quality entries into this contest and while modding is a very subjective art almost anyone can find a PC they think is epic in the huge list of completed projects. 

It’s that time of year again. After several months of cutting, painting, carving, drilling, tube bending, and whatever else you can think of, the Case Mod World Series 2017 has finally come to end. Many spent hundreds of hours putting both craft and creation to the test in pursuit of a title in the world’s largest modding competition.

All of this culminated with 121 spectacular final submissions from more than 40 countries around the world. You guys weighed in with over 10,000 votes. Our judges spent a week going over each mod in great detail, with winning scores coming down to the decimal point. Here are the results.

http://makerhub.coolermaster.com/mod-winners-cmws2017/

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube

In my opinion The Old Book was the nicest one.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

10 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why did Linus say he hates you?

He still knows that while he won SYW4 @Slick and I had the coolest PC that he now gets to see everyday :)

Yes I just posted it becuase I thought it was cool. I "try" not to push the stuff that Bob and I build because I have a firm belief that if we did a good enough job it will fly on its own. 

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube

At what point are they even still cases? Cut in half and turned into a space ship? It doesnt even resemble the master case 5 anymore. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

27 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

At what point are they even still cases? Cut in half and turned into a space ship? It doesnt even resemble the master case 5 anymore. 

Totally agree the CM contest has very loose guidelines on the mod vs scratch build I really like a modded case to retain many of the original lines of the case. 

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube