[NCIX -Canada] Cooler Matser Devastator 2 $14.99* (after MIR)

WkdPaul

Cooler Master Devastator 2 is $40 - $25MIR at NCIX Canada right now.

I got this combo a few months ago and while the MIR takes a while to arrive, it does arrive as a check, not as a pre-paid credit card.

CM Devastator 2 Blue

MIR for the blue version

CM Devastator 2 Green

MIR for the green version

CM Devastator 2 Red

MIR for the red version

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

That's a very good deal!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

How is the build quality and typing experience? How are the LEDs. Not considering on one but want to know so for future pcpp lists. 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

How is the build quality and typing experience? How are the LEDs. Not considering on one but want to know so for future pcpp lists. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It's a budget product, so it's not the best. I think in one review someone said the mouse wheel eventually starts making squeaking sounds.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

• It's a hybrid keyboard, so it's supposed to feel like a mechanical keyboard but if you ever had one, you know right away it isn't one.
  • Quality is great for the keyboard but I would change the mouse (it isn't bad but it isn't good either and it's too light IMO).
  • LEDs are weak in daytime, and makes the lettering hard to see. Also, with the backlights off, it's unreadable.
  • I modified mine to map the LEDs to the numpad lock, because I often use Excel and they mapped the LEDs to the scroll lock key, which is a PITA in Excel.

So, it's not a perfect combo, but for less than $20 after taxes, it's honestly hard to beat ... oh, and it also looks great IMO.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, crazysteve240 said:

It's a budget product, so it's not the best. I think in one review someone said the mouse wheel eventually starts making squeaking sounds.

I can verify, my mouse did it right out of the box. The mouse is absolutely trash and I would recommend keeping just as a backup. Now the keyboard is another story, it is easily worth this price. It's no mechanical keyboard, but is still not a bad typing experience at all, and I have had it for 2 years with minimal wear on it. However, if you have the money I am so happy with my G.Skill KM780 Brown mechanical keyboard... It is a dream to type on.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

17 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Devastator II has improved keyboard and mouse, however I don't used them before so I can't tell.

What I can tell you is, don't get Devastator I. The typing feel is worse than an average office keyboard, the mouse has a minimum DPI of 1000 and mediocre sensor which kinda sucks for FPS gamers.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128