Looking for a pair of headphones

Natsoup

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new pair of cans.

I listen to mainly electronic, but alsoa lot of 90s alternative rock and metal on the side. I'm looking for something bassy but not stupidly boomy. I have a pair of AKG K553s which are great for classical music and clarity overall but their bass is really lacking. For electronic music I have actually come to prefer my Logitech G230's, lol.

My budget is $150, I wouldn't like to go over but do so if you must.

I don't consider myself an audiophile by any means, but quality is appreciated.

A detachable cable would be nice.

Thanks

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new pair of cans.

I listen to mainly electronic, but alsoa lot of 90s alternative rock and metal on the side. I'm looking for something bassy but not stupidly boomy. I have a pair of AKG K553s which are great for classical music and clarity overall but their bass is really lacking. For electronic music I have actually come to prefer my Logitech G230's, lol.

My budget is $150, I wouldn't like to go over but do so if you must.

I don't consider myself an audiophile by any means, but quality is appreciated.

A detachable cable would be nice.

Thanks

The HD 598 cs' were actually pretty good and bassy with an EQ, enough for me.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I'm gonna get hate for this buuut... Audio Technica M50X, really enjoyable to listen to when you need that extra kick from your music, always use them for travels as well as they're reasonable compact with good enough noise isolation.

Sennheiser HD280

I love them for electronic music! Closed back though, so depending on your preference for open or closed back.... that may stray you away from them. They are well under your budget too which is a plus. (Good taste in music too, btw)\

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD280PRO-Headphones-old-model/dp/B000065BPB/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495220728&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+280

However, when I bought mine, I got them for $76 at the time. They are $99 now, and have a "new model" (I have the old)

Edit: I do not recall if this pair of sennheisers have a detachable cable... the cable is very long as well, but coiled. (Reminds me of like... dj headphones)

I would go for the Beyerdynamic DT770, excellent bass for electronic music, fun for movie and gaming too.. They're better than m50x imo BUT doesn't come with a detachable cable..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.