Wargaming threatening to abuse Youtube Copyright system

Hunter259
On 2017-5-20 at 10:16 PM, Vacras said:

I pretty much stopped playing because of arty. With everyone using XVM and me being a purple color everyone just tried to shoot me as soon as I got spotted.

There was no more fun because I was just constantly trying to avoid the arty.

Once I heard about the arty update (like half a year ago) I decided that it's time to stop before I go crazy :D

good thing I never paid a cent in all the time I was playing.

Well only "good thing" that XVM did was remove the chance to win. I don't even use XVM anymore.. Good thing you stopped playing...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/05/21/negative-world-of-tanks-video-gets-taken-down-after-developer-threatens-copyright-claim

I found the link that was mentioned, and it appears that a third member of the community contributor program as ritagamer who runs the statusreport blog is also considering her standing on the community contributor team.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/05/22/to-be-blatantly-honest/

It's a good thing I decided to trawl the EU community contributor twitter accounts quickly looking for the kotaku link that jingles mentioned.

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

Maybe he should have used more up to date information since the post he was showing was the original post before it was corrected after and from what I'm currently watching, the email that Jim Sterling received was from Wargaming NA and not Wargaming EU considering the fact that Wargaming NA seemed to have filled their fire extinguishers with high octane aviation fuel with with they've posted to kotaku (although I can't find the actual link).

Originally this was the response from the Mighty Jingles before all this happened

Then we have Quickybaby who had to comment about false accusations about his review of the tank in question

And after this shitstorm with wargaming NA, The Mighty Jingles is the second person (the first was pointyhairedjedi) to leave the wargaming EU community contributor program because he felt that even though he was a wargaming EU community contributor it wouldn't protect him for wargaming as a global entity.

So are wargaming NA really legit for all three games @shermantanker

This whole thing is blowing up, I guess yesterday WGEU had things mostly ironed out, and then some high up Asshat in WGNA blasted out an email statement and dump napalm on the whole thing. As I posted about I have met several and watched the NA community managers and coordinators over the years and they are all pretty cool and respected by the community. As far as the PR guy who made that statement that completely contradicted what the EU heads said I am clueless on the matter.

That post I made from the NA producer for WoT lined up with what EU was saying, but the later statement was a mess. 

Im guessing and hoping Victor (CEO) makes a statement ASAP on this mess before it goes even more nuclear.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

To probably finish this off, here's PointyHairedJedi's video announcing his departure from the community contributor program explaining what got him to pull the plug.

Also, after all this happened, Wargaming finally released a statement on the matter signed by the EU and NA general managers along with the product and publishing directors.

Dear Commanders,

We have further reviewed the incident of last Friday involving SirFoch and his “Chrysler K GF rant” video, and know we could have handled the situation a lot better. We strongly support our players’, including our Community Contributors’, right to speak critically about us and our games. We acted too quickly and over the line when we threatened to have YouTube remove SirFoch’s video through a copyright infringement complaint and we are apologizing for that.

We’re committed to doing a better job on this front. We’re going to improve the way we communicate with our Community and our Community Contributors, and as part of that effort we will work with them on more detailed, specific guidelines to help ensure incidents like this don’t happen again.

Our official position is that Wargaming will not take copyright action against opinions based on our publicly released content.

Over the weekend we released a statement to some media outlets regarding the content of SirFoch’s video that inferred that SirFoch’s videos contained hate speech and homophobia. While we would obviously not want such content to be associated with any of our games – this video clearly did not. We apologize for this statement, and we don't stand behind those claims.

We love our players and our contributors – and we appreciate their honesty and commitment – we are committed to using this incident to grow and improve.

For those who haven't watched the other videos (more namely the episode of mingles with jingles) it took the might jingles saying he was going to prepare a statement announcing that he was quitting the community program to get the EU community manager to issue a statement (of which a comment by that community manager in the revised version relating to the wargaming NA statement was why PointyHairedJedi decided to walk) regarding this issue and it obviously took him quitting for a joint statement on this to be put out.

13 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Snip

It probably wasn't quitting that got the joint statement (although that probably impressed the urgency of the situation). WG NA probably got chewed out by HQ and WG EU when they bumbled in to the wrong drama shooting and was strong-armed into signing.

Wargaming have now issued a full apology and retraction of the claims they made against SirFoch

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Here is another youtubers views and info on the situation: He's primarily involved with World of Warships but does have contact with the other World of Tanks CCs and anything WOT staff does Wows staff is sure to want to follow at some point.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 24/05/2017 at 0:43 PM, AutonomousRedux said:

It probably wasn't quitting that got the joint statement (although that probably impressed the urgency of the situation). WG NA probably got chewed out by HQ and WG EU when they bumbled in to the wrong drama shooting and was strong-armed into signing.

Considering the fact that Jingles announcing that he was going to prepare a statement regarding his quitting the community contributor program that brought out the first statement (and the edited version of that statement), but they did nothing after WGNA decided to douse the fire in gasoline and kept silent for several days and after at least two community contributors walked out of the program before the CEO at wargaming decided that a statement should be put out before any more of their community contributors decided to walk out of the program (they could have patched this up sooner, but they didn't so I'm still sticking with the quitting of two of their community contributors forced them to put out that statement).

As for what @Arokhantos said, if a copyright strike had been issued and the claim had gone to court, if abuse of copyright could be confirmed then wargaming could lose all ability to claim copyright over their products (thanks to a video from Leonard French popping up in my recommended video feed on youtube).