Program I have to use from my school's server through Citrix reciever is super laggy and crashes often

So I have to use this program SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) for school which I have to use a lot and will have to use A TON for my master thesis next year.

I have to go to a specific website from my University, then click what program I want to launch and then it launches through Citrix Receiver and I can use the program for free anywhere.

I'm not sure what the correct name for this method is.

The problem is that everytime I use the program, it's super laggy (sometimes it takes a good second to register a mouseclick) and sometimes crashes every 5 minutes.

When I use the program on my school's computers it works perfectly fine, but of course I'm not always on campus.

Are there any ways to eliminate this lag and crashbehaviour?

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Welcome to citrix.  My wife has to use it for work and it works about half the time. 

With good internet connection, CPU power and enough RAM. You are essentially connecting remote/virtually to Uni's network.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

With good internet connection, CPU power and enough RAM. You are essentially connecting remote/virtually to Uni's network.

Well my internet at home sucks (I get around 800 Kb/s), but I do have a 4690k and 16GB of RAM. My laptop in my dorm is connected to 100 Mbps internet and has the same problems. 

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

7 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Well my internet at home sucks (I get around 800 Kb/s), but I do have a 4690k and 16GB of RAM. My laptop in my dorm is connected to 100 Mbps internet and has the same problems. 

The times I've used Citrix with 100/100 internet haven't been good. You could try to ask if IT department for Uni has any solutions. Or if possible, get desk somewhere at Uni.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv