What do you think about this fan setup and airflow?

vong

So the case I want is a Phanteks Evolv Matx TG and due to my GPU's length I can only run one fan at the front. Now just wondering if the GPU's temps would be affected with this fan layout. Front and rear fans will be intakes and top will be What are your thoughts?

Evolv-mATX-6.jpg

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

So the case I want is a Phanteks Evolv Matx TG and due to my GPU's length I can only run one fan at the front. Now just wondering if the GPU's temps would be affected with this fan layout. Front and rear fans will be intakes and top will be What are your thoughts?

Evolv-mATX-6.jpg

It will be fine

I whould get a bigger case to increase airflow and make it cooler

just to be clear, the rad will have fans too right?

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

Just now, reniat said:

just to be clear, the rad will have fans too right?

Yes.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Partly off topic, but what direction will the fans push air?

If only the front fan will act as an intake and then the rear fan plus the fans on the radiator will blow air out of the case, then you'll end up with a "negative pressure" which means air will get sucked into the case to even out the pressure - through vents and cracks in the case - bringing in dust.

So you may end up with a config that accumulates dust extra fast.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

3 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

Partly off topic, but what direction will the fans push air?

If only the front fan will act as an intake and then the rear fan plus the fans on the radiator will blow air out of the case, then you'll end up with a "negative pressure" which means air will get sucked into the case to even out the pressure - through vents and cracks in the case - bringing in dust.

So you may end up with a config that accumulates dust extra fast.

It'll be neutral because I'll have the front and rear as intakes whilst the top will be exhaust.

Looks fine, doesn't look like you have too many other choices with that case. If you get a larger one, you'll be able to add more fans if needed

59 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Looks fine, doesn't look like you have too many other choices with that case. If you get a larger one, you'll be able to add more fans if needed

Yeah f*ck it, think I'll just grab a Define S instead of spending twice the money on the Evolv ATX model.