Resetting Windows 10 Keeping Bloatware

Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

You want the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience). This is what big OEM's like DELL,HP will do for home use computers.

Prepare the computer for a customer

1. Install the reference image you created in Step 1 that is destined for your customer.

2. After you update the Windows installation, at the command line run the Sysprep /audit /generalize /shutdown command to configure Windows to boot the computer to audit mode. You can then capture the Windows image by booting to another partition or by using Windows PE.

3. Use the new model-specific reference image to install Windows on a new computer. The Windows image is applied to the computer, and Windows boots to audit mode.

4. (Optional) You can install additional applications and other updates based on a customer's order. You can also test the computer to verify that all components are working correctly.

5. After you update the Windows installation, run the Sysprep /oobe /shutdown command.

Note
    If you install Windows images by using the Sysprep /generalize /oobe command, the user experience will not be ideal. On the next reboot after you run the Sysprep /generalize /oobe command, Windows runs the specialize configuration pass, Plug and Play, and other Setup tasks before Windows starts OOBE. This process can take additional time and can delay a customer's first logon.

6. Package and deliver the computer to your customer.

When the customer starts the computer, OOBE runs.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/boot-windows-to-audit-mode-or-oobe

Hello Everyone,

First post! Hope everyone is doing well. 
Question; I would like to reset windows 10 so that when you boot up the PC for the first time it has no user accounts and asks you to set up Windows for the first time. However, I would also like to keep all the "bloatware" already on the PC. 
The reason for this is I bought a laptop recently and the company is being very awkward about returning it. Despite multiple emails and their returns policy. I couldn't be bothered with small claims court. Another issue for another time. Laptops direct if anyone is interested, I would definitely not recommend. 

Thank you all for any help, I'm sure some people who build PCs will know how to do this. Cheers! 

You want the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience). This is what big OEM's like DELL,HP will do for home use computers.

Prepare the computer for a customer

1. Install the reference image you created in Step 1 that is destined for your customer.

2. After you update the Windows installation, at the command line run the Sysprep /audit /generalize /shutdown command to configure Windows to boot the computer to audit mode. You can then capture the Windows image by booting to another partition or by using Windows PE.

3. Use the new model-specific reference image to install Windows on a new computer. The Windows image is applied to the computer, and Windows boots to audit mode.

4. (Optional) You can install additional applications and other updates based on a customer's order. You can also test the computer to verify that all components are working correctly.

5. After you update the Windows installation, run the Sysprep /oobe /shutdown command.

Note
    If you install Windows images by using the Sysprep /generalize /oobe command, the user experience will not be ideal. On the next reboot after you run the Sysprep /generalize /oobe command, Windows runs the specialize configuration pass, Plug and Play, and other Setup tasks before Windows starts OOBE. This process can take additional time and can delay a customer's first logon.

6. Package and deliver the computer to your customer.

When the customer starts the computer, OOBE runs.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/boot-windows-to-audit-mode-or-oobe

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thank you Altecice. Thank you very much. 

You might have saved me a lot of pain. One of those things, when you know what it's specifically called it's a lot easier to search for. 

Many many thanks!