Jump to content
Kenaan

Help choose a drone please.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

 

I request your help in choosing a drone. So far I have no experience on the matter and need to learn. I am willing to try and build it myself however would prefer not to. (As I will probably break something.) Any tips on how to take care of it or how to fly would be much appreciated.

 

Budget: 60$ USD (Little higher leaving room for exchange rates.) Would prefer not to max it out.

 

Requirements:

 

-Fairly durable and not easy to break

-Real-time video

 

Nice to haves:

-Varible speed

-Easy to lock at a certain altitude.

-Easy to fly

-Non-proprietary charger (or dongle to.)

-Takes less than an hour to fully charge.

- Semi-decent fly times.

 

I saw this one and thinks it looks pretty cool: https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-E55-Mini-WiFi-FPV-Foldable-Pocket-Drone-With-High-Hold-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-p-1125513.html Opinions?

 

Please recommend new ones.

 

Thank you~ Kenaan

 

P.S. I know this is a tech forum but I have no clue where else to ask. Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, DasBassDropz said:

I've seen that one, looks good (but i don't speak from experience) 

Last time I saw it online, it only had a 7 minute flight time, something around that. 

 

Is a 7 minute flight time good? I have no clue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kenaan said:

Is a 7 minute flight time good? I have no clue. 

For a quad that size, its OK, and it seems to have some nice features for beginners if that is what you want. Jut be aware that the brushed motors will begin to lose their "umph" after 10-20 flights.

Cheers!


Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

 

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you want the aircraft to do? It sounds like you want some aerial photography, and for that I recommend the phantom 3 standard. At $500, you can't really get a better value. However, since you also don't have any experience, I also recommend that you buy a hubsan x4 off amazon to learn how the controls work and get your first 50 crashes out on a cheap thing instead of a nice aircraft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

What do you want the aircraft to do? It sounds like you want some aerial photography, and for that I recommend the phantom 3 standard. At $500, you can't really get a better value. However, since you also don't have any experience, I also recommend that you buy a hubsan x4 off amazon to learn how the controls work and get your first 50 crashes out on a cheap thing instead of a nice aircraft. 

The husban x4 (h170c) doesn't seem as good as the one I have shown. And I don't have $500 to blow on a phantom (,which would probably get stolen.). I just really want to mess around with it and take a few pictures just cause, and play with the live feed. I just want something that I won't feel bad about breaking after 200/300 flights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, dany_boy said:

For a quad that size, its OK, and it seems to have some nice features for beginners if that is what you want. Jut be aware that the brushed motors will begin to lose their "umph" after 10-20 flights.

Cheers!

How badly? And anything I can do to prevent it? Are replacements possible and practical? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenaan said:

How badly? And anything I can do to prevent it? Are replacements possible and practical? 

From my experience with these micro-brushed motors, after 10-20 flights you start to notice the thing losing power, and after about 100 flights (roughly) it wont lift off at all, to fix it you just have to replace the motors. Oh and BTW the hubsan is probably much higher quality than the one you showed. Finally, this hobby is not cheap if you want to get serious. Sure you can get some inexpensive toys and have lots of fun, but they will break relatively fast. If you want to really get into it, its gonna cost you a pretty penny.

Cheers!


Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

 

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

The husban seems to have lower specs than the one I have shown but will the motors last longer? The motors seem relatively expensive to replace all of them. I don't have the money to get a good one and most likely don't need it. Is it even worth getting a cheap one or should I just pass?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kenaan said:

The husban seems to have lower specs than the one I have shown but will the motors last longer? The motors seem relatively expensive to replace all of them. I don't have the money to get a good one and most likely don't need it. Is it even worth getting a cheap one or should I just pass?

Again, if all you want is to have some fun for a while then no need to invest extra in something you wont use later on. Get the cheap one, fly it, and see if you like it. If you don't no biggie, it was just 40 bucks. And if you do, then you can start to spend some real money in quality drones and fly them long term


Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

 

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

Again, if all you want is to have some fun for a while then no need to invest extra in something you wont use later on. Get the cheap one, fly it, and see if you like it. If you don't no biggie, it was just 40 bucks. And if you do, then you can start to spend some real money in quality drones and fly them long term

Thanks for the advice. I'll buy it.  Hopefully down the road I can get a quality one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

*sigh* all the work I put into my guide and the advocacy on this sub forum for naught. 

I saw your comment on the multicopter megathread but there were no links. Unless the green text is a link, if so you should really point it out. Anyway I wanted a model name instead of a breakdown of how to pick one because I don't know good websitess to look for them on.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×