Win 10 not finding bluetooth devices?

SnipeYa

Sooo I made an impulse buy and today I received my MadCatz LYNX 9, My phone can pair up with it just fine but no luck when trying to pair with my PC. When searching I can't seem to find anything not even my phone. I've updated the drivers and still no luck.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thank's for any help guys. 

Does your computer have a device that allows it connect to bluetooth devices? such as a Dongle or built into the motherboard? 

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

What brand of Bluetooth is it? I take it you never used the Bluetooth on your PC?

Just now, ShadowArk said:

Does your computer have a device that allows it connect to bluetooth devices? such as a Dongle or built into the motherboard? 

Just now, Dujith said:

What brand of Bluetooth is it? I take it you never used the Bluetooth on your PC?

Apparently its Broadcom? It's whatever the one is on my Asus Deluxe 2 motherboard.

You could try the driver from Asus. But the W10 should be enough.

Could it be that the Madcatz is not advertising itself? i know that phones need to be told they can be found. 

Since you paired it with a phone it might have turned that off.

Edit: 

From the faq:

My controller will not pair with my phone, tablet or PC, how can I get it to connect?

First, make sure the controller is not paired to another device. If it is, either forget the device or power down the internal Bluetooth chip on the host.

Next, power cycle the pad and try to re-pair to your desired host.

If that does not work, power the controller on, and then press and hold the pad's Start button for 5 seconds. This will clear all current pairing information and force the controller into pairing mode. The status LED will shine purple when the reset is successful.

8 minutes ago, Dujith said:

You could try the driver from Asus. But the W10 should be enough.

Could it be that the Madcatz is not advertising itself? i know that phones need to be told they can be found. 

Since you paired it with a phone it might have turned that off.

Edit: 

From the faq:

My controller will not pair with my phone, tablet or PC, how can I get it to connect?

First, make sure the controller is not paired to another device. If it is, either forget the device or power down the internal Bluetooth chip on the host.

Next, power cycle the pad and try to re-pair to your desired host.

If that does not work, power the controller on, and then press and hold the pad's Start button for 5 seconds. This will clear all current pairing information and force the controller into pairing mode. The status LED will shine purple when the reset is successful.

Sorry, The problem is on my desktop, It wont find any bluetooth devices. Just took both my phones and the LYNX9 to my mums old laptop and it found all 3 just fine, But when searching on my PC nothing gets found...

Im using the latest driver from asus, have uninstalled, reinstalled cheched services are running nothing seems to be working.

When piaring a phone to a new device there may be a setting on the phone saying 'visable to all devices' if it is not checked the computer may not find it.

Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, StarFa11 said:

When piaring a phone to a new device there may be a setting on the phone saying 'visable to all devices' if it is not checked the computer may not find it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but I've checked all that, I have an old computer that can see all 3 of my devices and my computer that finds nothing, It just sits there searching forever.

I've ordered a bluetooth dongle from my local computer store so I'm about to go pick that up and give it a go.