How many "active" projects do you currently have?

Hazy125

I'm just curious, I tend to start a bunch of projects, work on them for a few hours or days, then move on to the next thing. At this point I have about 30 projects active ranging from private accounting software, to twitch stream analytics, to media streaming services to like, to do lists

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

1 minute ago, Hazy125 said:

I'm just curious, I tend to start a bunch of projects, work on them for a few hours or days, then move on to the next thing. At this point I have about 30 projects active ranging from private accounting software, to twitch stream analytics, to media streaming services to like, to do lists

That's a great way to keeps oneself in a perpetual state of 'busy work' whilst never actually completing anything or being productive in any way.

In general if one is 'doing it properly' it should take a fair while to get into a given context and then actually become productive in it i.e. getting all of the architecture back into one's skull. I completely fail to see how switching between a battery of projects can be productive... unless of course we are talking about trivial or poorly written garbage that is.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I keep telling myself I need to make a To Do list, I started one on Any.do a while back but I didn't keep up with it. I honestly can't remember how many active projects I'm working on which is really bad. :(

-KuJoe

It really depends on what you mean by "active" - if "active" means I have actually written code in the past few days then I have perhaps 1 or 2 at any given time, maybe 3 or 4 max. At the moment my two "active" projects under this definition would be my Slice game engine and a neat (at least I'd like to think so) little game I'm building with it.

But if "active" means I have given significant consideration to a project within the past few days, then the number for me swells to typically 5 separate projects, sometimes as high as perhaps 10.

And if "active" just means I plan to do something with it at some point in the future then I have hundreds of projects "active" ranging from a content transfer protocol to replace HTTP, a media streaming protocol, countless game ideas, two separate game engine architectures, and a whole bunch of other stuff. But that's so much stuff that I'm definitely not working on all of it at once, which is why I probably wouldn't use this definition of "active" myself.

im not sure what you mean by active but i have like 30 something git repositorys i keep tabs on but its not like all i do iscoding just every once in a while ill have a great idea how to make this or that better and contibute.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I'm currently working on an Update for this OpenSource Project because this library is pretty important for some of my other projects. Additionally, I'm working on a cross-network social network browser(actually doing this just to get into using different REST Services and I didn't have any better ideas). My Projects directory contains about 35 folders but a lot of them are duplicates (I wrote an ask.fm clone in PHP, Node, Ruby on Rails and Python ^^)