[Sponsored] --- "TEARS IN RAIN" --- (Blade Runner inspired Threadripper, Parvum build)

tmtvwGWh.jpg

So I took apart and painted the EK rads and put the new badges on them. I went with a gunmetal grey which should fit the build well. I prepped them, primed them, painted, and clear coated them. I then wet sanded them with 2000 grit and polished them. They turned out very good, automotive finish. Proper pics once all of the EK stuff is done (Mobo block, M.2 heatsinks...)

HpMWRfch.jpg

GEHaHRsh.jpg

WRbKvp8h.jpg

2oVJXhnh.jpg

xCVHDi9h.jpg

ePGIyJ2h.jpg

torqfRNh.jpg

1PtCYt0h.jpg

zwk4uG2h.jpg

GUq5q0Ih.jpg

RVa2Stmh.jpg

gPiZNZBh.jpg

IjhHCDqh.jpg

• 2 months later...

Slight delay with the build. Just awaiting case now and then it will be full steam ahead...

• Case is shipping VERY soon

• Processor has been updated to 1950x along with an Aorus X399 Motherboard

• New Heatkiller Threadripper CPU block is also inbound :)

On a side note this Aorus X399 motherboard has been an absolute nightmare. I literally spent 12+ hours messing with it and have decided to return it to Amazon. I went to Fry's and picked up the Asus Zenith Extreme and all was good within a couple of hours. I also grabbed different ram (Corsair Vengeance RGB) because there were comparability issues with the G.Skill running at full speed. The vengeance full profile booted and tested with zero issue. Also zero issue controlling the ram RGB via the motherboard Aura controller.

So's not to bore everyone with a 3rd motherboard photoshoot in the log I'll take photos once waterblocks are on the GPU's and CPU.

I'm super impressed with the Asus vs the Aorus, at least when it comes to X399. The feature set and set up ease was sooo much better.

tmtvwGWh.jpg

Here's a quick video glimpse of how the 7" screen will be used that's being installed inside the case next adjacent to the motherboard!

It will be used as a retro-futuristic advertising video-billboard inside the case, similar to what you see positioned all over the cityscape in the Blade Runner movie universe. I'm using a combination of the smoking Geisha imagery, older tech commercials, and Japanese advertising.

tmtvwGWh.jpg

So I finally got the Thermaltake fan controllers working with the AMD chipset so I'm luckily keeping them.... With that said I got the newer Silhouette Cameo 3 for decal cutting, and made new decals for the fans!

g6IJn3hh.jpg

gcaXhF4h.jpg

Rdk8BN7h.jpg

wl3ycCBh.jpg

YAxGpbqh.jpg

WvBPYZlh.jpg

KczixLth.jpg

0fZmOsFh.jpg

0ZQH3gqh.jpg

1HPYvCGh.jpg

Random Updatery -

Case will arrive by 15th, so expect a video (time-lapse assembly included) and photo reveal by the following week

Also I've decided to go with the new PrimoChill Vue coolant on the build. Even though there's two loops I've decided a single color of coolant is the best as there's visible reservoirs/pass-throughs on top of the case, in the front, and on the window side, lower.

My feeling here is that from a front/top or front/side view you'll be able to see two or three reservoirs/pass-throughs, and if there's two different colors it would look a little busy or messy. I've seen some builds pull off the 2 loop/2 coolant colors thing before but it's rare that its done well and timeless looking.

Any thoughts on the coolant thing welcome :)

tmtvwGWh.jpg

Here's the completed pump assembly's with EK housings to go with the previously shown Watercool tops. I also nabbed one of those Nvidia SLI bridges to do something with. I prefer the look of it compared to previous one I got, and it'll match the build better. Not quite sure what I'll do with it yet as far as modifications.

VRDOk5Hh.jpg

CeIGSuRh.jpg

fpARfAMh.jpg

uYWDpnVh.jpg

OTrYh7oh.jpg

e8LueTbh.jpg

vYmqvXGh.jpg

gEGDp7Gh.jpg

Kfn8NR3h.jpg

C1uqGkGh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

KegCwdSh.jpg

Finally the time has arrived to start this build! The case is in hand and oh my is it just lovely :)

The boys at Parvum Systems really did me proud on this one and I can't express my gratitude enough. It's a gorgeous, very complex case that oozes quality in person. It consists of approx. 35 acrylic layers including the reservoirs, and was a ton of fun to figure out putting together :)

You'll notice an empty spot on the front-lower of the case where the Tyrell logo will go.

Video reveal below followed by photos shortly after...

KegCwdSh.jpg

So this update may not look like much, build-progress-wise, but in reality there's been a lot of build and loop planning. The loops are extremely complicated and I definitely have challenged myself with the layout and design - but I'm also extremely excited as it's going to be something quite special.....

Updates you see here:

•  
  • Received and mounted the absolutely amazing Heatkiller IV Threadripper block

• I had to trim down the dual layers of acrylic that will surround the 7" screen as I hadn't original planned on a motherboard as wide as the Zenith Extreme... Check the fit, perfect now! (although SATA cabling will need to be creative)

• Mounted the motherboard and GPU's to start planning loop

• Took the case down to the basic shell I'll be building with, other parts are stored away for now

QtxTngXh.jpg

yzgNfoKh.jpg

fry4W5vh.jpg

qab2Q01h.jpg

cQHZB1sh.jpg

U6UWLJNh.jpg

mx2VVf6h.jpg

fidRfksh.jpg

wyjiwRhh.jpg

sg4vRpUh.jpg

4mIDLS4h.jpg

IYsyhbih.jpg

Here you can see just how perfect the fit is between the motherboard and the screen surround...

W94jN94h.jpg

ctWwJtqh.jpg

D2w0SKRh.jpg

65OCp2Fh.jpg

Oh wow. This is going to be amazing! Blade Runner and Parvum :) Two of my favourite things combined?! Yes please! I love that you are going with silver tubing. That case fits the context of the build perfectly as well! Been trying to think of a case I would use and can't lol.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

One word: WOW!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

4 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

One word: WOW!

11 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Oh wow. This is going to be amazing! Blade Runner and Parvum :) Two of my favourite things combined?! Yes please! I love that you are going with silver tubing. That case fits the context of the build perfectly as well! Been trying to think of a case I would use and can't lol.

Thanks guys!

KegCwdSh.jpg

Beyond many other small things not pictured here, I have mounted the 7" Screen to the mid-wall using some black stand-offs after tapping some M3 holes from the back of the mid-wall. Ended up with a perfect, flush fit. I hooked up the screen via my laptop to show the result.

NCAOrj7h.jpg

Zkrjtrch.jpg

3qaO4Yph.jpg

SsbS8h6h.jpg

wtykoIGh.jpg

xOHQPaHh.jpg

oSlFV6nh.jpg

MM4zvKFh.jpg

rOxJSN5h.jpg

YenAiFfh.jpg

Pt2s3Uih.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

KegCwdSh.jpg

This update is slightly behind current progress, as I've been busy, but I'm hard at work on this thing now :)...

In this update I am marking the case interior for tubing pass-through holes and cable holes. You can see hints of how the tubing will route, such as the "X" design with the GPU's and CPU...

There are a total of 8 Bitspower pass-throughs being used, and the loops are very complex to say the least :)

To be continued in a day or so....

OzamT6Fh.jpg

Sz2SyoWh.jpg

uKnygsah.jpg

G1XYqrIh.jpg

n5tUgn0h.jpg

4QF2a9Oh.jpg

qNfxcfTh.jpg

Bl7zx6ch.jpg

hcOBzb4h.jpg

UrPEYuOh.jpg

4s01B3nh.jpg

e4QJIdih.jpg

Jb6xJ2ah.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

jw6HQddh.png

Loop is completely finished now and below is a quick peek.
The finish line is fast approaching with a few more items left to go: Loop filling, Lighting, Deciding on SLI bridge, and of course Cabling...

HGe11x1h.jpg

9WelANJh.jpg

kAtFzIdh.jpg

8RF3Ap4h.jpg

kcx9Aeyh.jpg

• 1 month later...

jw6HQddh.png

Here are the gorgeous cables from Ensourced Custom Sleeved Cables... Huge thank you to Joey at Ensourced for these. On his site he has an awesome, and easy to use customizer(screenshot below), where you can tinker with designs in real-time and get a visual preview of your idea before they're made.

Check out the 3D-printed combs he includes, of which you can choose the color. Upon request he also 3D-printed a huge comb to hold all 4 GPU cables together - picture down below.

Superb quality and fast turn around. I can't say enough good things about this dude.

SpIHvu5h.png

2a1GdX0h.jpg

w1q2IINh.jpg

Rn9fPHqh.jpg

nvvULl6h.jpg

xvpG3Lrh.jpg

fF1pJWhh.jpg

ocvaKRMh.jpg

rrpueHFh.jpg

YWOMTZch.jpg

9e45Lr6h.jpg

4i5cPwuh.jpg

IRW4eMZh.jpg

ryi5TkWh.jpg

xZM0ZI8h.jpg

EWocB3rh.jpg

2ZlqE06h.jpg

sfcvTbyh.jpg

jw6HQddh.png

Approaching the finish line.... The build is almost complete, it's filled, booted and undergoing some final touches.

The last components to share are the amazing Darkside LED strips, and the Primochill Vue. Hands down Darkside LED strips are my favorite and I would never use another brand period.

Down below is also a sneak peek of the Vue in action...

EqQUQjth.jpg

CtWtVYrh.jpg

EBFhN4ih.jpg

4oBmvG6h.jpg

xX61Y50h.jpg

WMLTSq3h.jpg

5yRL2I5h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
jw6HQddh.png

Well ladies and gents, it's been a long road to say the least, but below is the video reveal for this build! (Use headphones if you got 'em!)

Final photos will follow within the week.

Special thanks to the boys at Parvum (Justin & Shaun), Jakob at Watercool (Heatkiller), Joey at Ensourced Custom Sleeved Cables, and last but most certainly not least, Daz at DazMode and Darkside Computer Modding. These folks helped sponsor this project and even though they sponsored, I 100% believe they represent the absolute best-on-the-market for each of their respective products.

Also, a big thanks to everyone that followed this long ride - I hope it provided some entertainment and that the final product delivered expectations. My next build will not take so long, I promise!

Without further ado, Tears In Rain:

On 5/18/2017 at 11:25 PM, Jameswalt1 said:

-snip-

That is 1 bad mama jama ???

This is an absolute masterpiece.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

19 hours ago, MANDINGO said:

That is 1 bad mama jama ???

16 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

This is an absolute masterpiece.

Cheers guys!