Lenovo Y920 laptop announced

genexis_x

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3197434/laptop-computers/lenovos-legion-y920-gaming-laptop-is-powerful-but-expensive-too.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lenovo-ideapad-flex-legion-laptops,34458.html

Equipped with either 7820HK or 7700HQ CPU and a GTX 1070 GPU, comes with a mechanical RGB keyboard, easy one touch overclocking (only with 7820HK CPU)

But..75Hz 1080p monitor for a GTX 1070? (Has G Sync though) Doesn't sound right... Also very expensive.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

IMHO it's actually somewhat expensive  for a 7820hk + 1070 laptop but you get that awesome looking brand new kiND of mech keyboard 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I'm still positive that designers at Lenovo forgot how to properly design gaming laptops long time ago. And will you please drop the red/black combo? Please? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, Damascus said:

IMHO it's actually somewhat expensive snip

Yeah, all these damn laptops..

I'm tired of these overpriced laptops on this mth fkn NET!!

5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

And will you please drop the red/black combo? Please? 

YES. PLEASE.

Red/black is so unoriginal it's incredible that companies haven't shifted.

Green is already taken by Razer, but colors like blue look awesome ( @deXxterlab97 ).

also, even if Razer has taken green, it's definitely possible for companies to share a color.

Hoping the RGB craze will at least let everyone customize their colors (and hopefully force manufacturers to make everything color-neuteral except for lights, which can hopefully be turned off)

yes i have an RGB fetish, but only at home. it's kinda strange when you whip out a "gamer theme" laptop at school/work

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Wow, surprised to see lenovo go for the apple tier pricing scheme here. They are usually great value for the money, at least on the ideapad line.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

Snip

Honestly, I prefer black/silver, sort of a minimalistic design. I actually like the way my N550 looks. It can blend in anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

Snip

As far as I can remember, ThinkPads never had such emphasis on the "red part" like the Y series does. Keyboard, speakers and red keyboard backlighting. I dare to call it blatant. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

And will you please drop the red/black combo? Please?

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

Red/black is so unoriginal it's incredible that companies haven't shifted.

That's why I got a Gigabyte laptop. The only "gamer-y" thing on my laptop is an orange accent on the lid.

Guys remember you are paying off their R&D premium.

It doesn't cost a laptop that much to manufacture really.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

when alienware is the cheaper option, something's wrong

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I really really really dont like those "single large hinge in the midle of the notebook"-designs. Especially when there are large gaps between the bezel of the display and the body on the sides. Two small hinges look so much better imo. Does anyone else feel that way? 

7 hours ago, Damascus said:

IMHO it's actually somewhat expensive  for a 7820hk + 1070 laptop but you get that awesome looking brand new kiND of mech keyboard 

You can actually get a MSI laptop with 1080 SLI if not mistaken

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

You can actually get a MSI laptop with 1080 SLI if not mistaken

Yep, those go for $3000 - 4000ish though so I don't really compared the two.  The predator 21x also has a mech keyboard. 

I'd rather get an AORUS X7 V7 with the same processor and gpu for 2200, or alienware on mega sale anywhere from 1500-2400

43 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I'd rather get an AORUS X7 V7 with the same processor and gpu for 2200, or alienware on mega sale anywhere from 1500-2400

Agree, Lenovo should cut down the price for Y920

No idea how I get my laptop for only about $719 (i5 7300HQ, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD and GTX 1050 2GB) in Malaysia

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Agree, Lenovo should cut down the price for Y920

No idea how I get my laptop for only about $719 (i5 7300HQ, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD and GTX 1050) in Malaysia

Not bad, the cpu and gpu are both solid for that price point.   What's with the RAM though?  I can't remember the last time I saw a gaming laptop with less than 8gb, 16gb being more common.  Is it a regional thing?

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Not bad, the cpu and gpu are both solid for that price point.   What's with the RAM though?  I can't remember the last time I saw a gaming laptop with less than 8gb, 16gb being more common.  Is it a regional thing?

Yup regional problems. Most budget gaming laptops have 4GB RAM. That's not a big deal, I swapped it to a 8GB one and everything runs smoothly now xD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Yup regional problems. Most budget gaming laptops have 4GB RAM. That's not a big deal, I swapped it to a 8GB one and everything runs smoothly now xD

Noice, is that 2*4 or 1*8?

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Noice, is that 2*4 or 1*8?

Lol

1X8, sold the original one, left one more slot for future proofing

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

1X8, sold the original one, left one more slot for future proofing

Good choice, 8-16gb will probably be the sweet spot for a long while.

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Good choice, 8-16gb will probably be the sweet spot for a long while.

Yeah realised that 16GB RAM may be useful in future

But the original plan is to get a gaming rig not laptop...

Desktop specs:

Spoiler