Upgrade before full iquid loop?

So I'm looking to do a full liquid loop, however I then wouldn't touch the parts for 4 years-ish for obvious reasons.  Would it make more sense to upgrade my cpu (4790k) and mobo before i do the loop or should I be concerned at all about what I have.  Also, ik I sound a bit "woe is me and my 4790k", but I'm just covering my bases. Thanks in advance.

Cpu: 4790k

Mobo: Gigabyte z97N m-itx

Eh,  what is your gpu?  Also, what oc do you run and did you delid?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

to be honest, a 4790k still is very good, upgrading to something like the 7700k is not worth it, unless you are planning on upgrading to something like ryzen 1700 or x299. 

You won't get much better than that for gaming. So unless you want more cores (Ryzen?), then I don't see any reason to upgrade.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, a 4790k still is very good, upgrading to something like the 7700k is not worth it, unless you are planning on upgrading to something like ryzen 1700 or x299. 

I was thinking about ryzen, but the only itx mobo is a biostar one, and while it has decent reviews, Its still biostar, and they arent a brand I've been to keen about

Just now, GauntletV2 said:

biostar, and they arent a brand I've been to keen about

i also don't know much about them, get a well-known brand or look at reviews from owners. 

14 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

So I'm looking to do a full liquid loop, however I then wouldn't touch the parts for 4 years-ish for obvious reasons.  Would it make more sense to upgrade my cpu (4790k) and mobo before i do the loop or should I be concerned at all about what I have.  Also, ik I sound a bit "woe is me and my 4790k", but I'm just covering my bases. Thanks in advance.

Cpu: 4790k

Mobo: Gigabyte z97N m-itx

4790k - 7700k isn't really worth it unless you want to milk every last fps out of your machine and you're running CPU bound games or have something like a 1080ti SLI rig... but if you ad a 1080ti SLI rig, money probably wouldn't be a problem for you. if thats the case, why not? haha.

Its worth noting that performance aside, there are certain things you just cannot get on older platforms (such as USB C, Thunderbolt 3, Optane, and so on). so if for some reason you feel you absolutely NEED something like that it may be worth to upgrade, but if your only desire is performance you're unlikely to notice much a difference (if any) between a 4790k and 7700k