Question about the leak of Scrapyard Wars Season 5 Episode 1

First of all, I know this is a very sensitive issue. So if I'm breaking any rules let me know and I will remove this post.  

Secondly even though I have the video saved I won't be sharing the video. Two reasons. It's not mine to share and secondly it's pretty big and will take a long time to upload where I live.

I'm making this thread only because I'm really curious as to what happened. But as this is sensitive issue I'll understand if I don't get any answers. I'm attaching the screenshot only to show that I'm not bullshitting.

So my questions are how did this happen? Did you guys use a public hosting service to upload the video and send it to office? Did you mistakenly send someone else the video? Did someone from the office leak the video? Did a monkey break in, copy the video and ran away with? What do you think happened?

Now I'm no detective but I have watched my fair share of detective tv shows and movies. I've watched fromJeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes to Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock. So just saying you know if you guys needed any help I'd be down for it. You could pay me with any gpu (I have no gpu now so anything will do)

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

It's a great episode and all of you will love it!

Screenshot_20170518-152646_1.jpg

meh. honestly even if it's available I doubt most of the community will download it.

It's entirely possible ltt was hacked, or they farmed it out, or Pauls, or awsomemtech was hacked. It ranks right up there for me with netflix being hacked. If I want to watch it, I know where I can find it, and I will pay to watch it....(Sort of LTT is free as long as I can put up with the adds)

That particular video is available for download through Floatplane club, so it could have been any one of the 100's (or maybe even thousands) of floatplane members who leaked it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

That particular video is available for download through Floatplane club, so it could have been any one of the 100's (or maybe even thousands) of floatplane members who leaked it.

Ah I didn't know about that.

21 minutes ago, Corpsek9 said:

Now I'm no detective but I have watched my fair share of detective tv shows and movies. I've watched fromJeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes to Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock. So just saying you know if you guys needed any help I'd be down for it. You could pay me with any gpu (I have no gpu now so anything will do)

And I've watched both Hackers and Swordfish, so if Linus needs some help backtracing the person I think I'll be able to handle it. I only accept payments in dogecoins.

If you put something behind a paywall, even temporarily, people will pirate it, nothing new.

The same was happening with Vessel. Just report the channels to LTT and they will take care of it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's been available on Floatplane club since Saturday. Honestly, as a Floatplane member, and I said this about Rooster Teeth and Red vs Blue as a FIRST member, a week is a little too long. One, two, maybe even three days. Sure. That's a tangible benefit. Even for normal videos getting uploaded in batches to Floatplane because they schedule out one a day on the YouTube channel due to algorithm. 

But for episodic content like Scrapyard Wars, it's rough because it creates a very clear divide in the community for a month - I can't talk about Scrapyard Wars essentially outside of the floatplane club subforum because YouTube will be an episode behind at all times. 

And by the time they finally do catch up, I'll have had a week to move on to other things.