Cooler is bent!

Hello! So, yesterday I made a post about how my new system was just installed, but.. Now I found out another major flaw, the motherboard does not like my low profile Noctua cooler, It's slightly bent and I can not use my PCI 1 slot for my GPU because there are some aluminium rods scraping it's backplate, right now I'am using second slot.

I got the TUF MARK 1 Z270 Motherboard, and well, already I'am forced to spent even more than I expected to have a proper cooling, I was testing a game yesterday, PUBG (Playersunknown's Battleground ) and the CPU temp went to around 70-ish celsius.

Also, I can only use one of two of my RAM that I bought because they're the vengeance (large) RAMs.

Think a Hydro series cooler would do well? Or is it safe to run like this for another month or two to save up some monies?

Pictures would be helpful, but 70c whilst gaming sounds like a normal temperature

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Got a picture? 

1495099375881.jpg

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Pictures would be helpful, but 70c whilst gaming sounds like a normal temperature

I guess? I mean, never went this high on my 3570K, or is it just the 7700K is just a hotter CPU during full load?

1 minute ago, WPM-P36✠ said:

-snip-

Okay. the graphics card being displaced is not a problem in most builds.

Your cpu temp isn't going to be a problem in most builds unless it reaches the 80 degree range 70 is a little high but within the margin.

Although we recommend you match the slots within the manufacturer's handy dandy configuration menu you can stick the two ram dimms in the outer two slots, and the only performance hit you'll see is when you're pushing your cpu to the absolute limits of it's stability. If the fan is interfering with the ram slots then stick it on the back of the cooler instead.

1 minute ago, slightlyjaded said:

Okay. the graphics card being displaced is not a problem in most builds.

Your cpu temp isn't going to be a problem in most builds unless it reaches the 80 degree range 70 is a little high but within the margin.

Although we recommend you match the slots within the manufacturer's handy dandy configuration menu you can stick the two ram dimms in the outer two slots, and the only performance hit you'll see is when you're pushing your cpu to the absolute limits of it's stability. If the fan is interfering with the ram slots then stick it on the back of the cooler instead.

Yeah, though, I tested the CPU on an early access game aswell, that might have an effect aswell?

I'am cool to use only one of my RAM right now, but it just puts more pressure on me to get a Hydro series of a cooler.

Also in my experience avoid asetek pumps like the plague. I've had two corsair pumps fail in two years and the cost of a RMA is over 1/3 of the cost of a new cooler if corsair deigns to honour the warranty in the first place ( and I spent two months convincing them the second time that it was a valid RMA #FuckCorsair)

The first pump they told me where to go. It wasn't a corsair authorized reseller even though the unit had been released less than 18 months earlier, on a 5 year warranty.

3 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Also in my experience avoid asetek pumps like the plague. I've had two corsair pumps fail in two years and the cost of a RMA is over 1/3 of the cost of a new cooler if corsair deigns to honour the warranty in the first place ( and I spent two months convincing them the second time that it was a valid RMA #FuckCorsair)

The first pump they told me where to go. It wasn't a corsair authorized reseller even though the unit had been released less than 18 months earlier, on a 5 year warranty.

Owh, that kinda sucks.. :( But I've always looked at Corsair's hydro series, thinking it might do well because my case is a Corsair one.

Just now, WPM-P36✠ said:

Owh, that kinda sucks.. :( But I've always looked at Corsair's hydro series, thinking it might do well because my case is a Corsair one.

I'll mention mine is a 24/7 build with minimal downtime. Every on block pump to my understanding uses asetek technology. I'm not coming down on just corsair. To my understanding the only AIO that doesn't use asetek is swiftek's offering which uses a laine DC5 with is the industry standard for custom loops.

The fact that I might have cost the scumbags at corsair is just a little bonus.

Just now, slightlyjaded said:

I'll mention mine is a 24/7 build with minimal downtime. Every on block pump to my understanding uses asetek technology. I'm not coming down on just corsair. To my understanding the only AIO that doesn't use asetek is swiftek's offering which uses a laine DC5 with is the industry standard for custom loops.

The fact that I might have cost the scumbags at corsair is just a little bonus.

Oh my, you really seem to dislike them.. :o

Just now, WPM-P36✠ said:

Oh my, you really seem to dislike them.. :x

Yep. I went a little fanboy when I built my rig. (check my profile) Of the corsair products I brought only the RAM hasn't given me problems.

I can list if you want....

Actually even the ram. It doesn't run above 2133.

Just now, slightlyjaded said:

Yep. I went a little fanboy when I built my rig. (check my profile) Of the corsair products I brought only the RAM hasn't given me problems.

I can list if you want....

Yeah, just saw. I'am kinda the same~.. ASUS, Corsair for PC. Logitech for everything else. :P

Just now, WPM-P36✠ said:

Yeah, just saw. I'am kinda the same~.. ASUS, Corsair for PC. Logitech for everything else. :P

Thing is ASUS is solid. Logitech is an industry standard (and there's a lot of products way above industry standard) Their products work, and don't die quickly, you can expect them to work, and it's disappointing when they fail. For me corsair was just another component added to the bonfire. Having to replace 9/10ths of your computer within three years not because it was outdated but because it failed is reason enough for me to give advice for people to avoid corsair components.

If a cosair industry rep came to me today and asked to replace my computer for free I'd ask for warranty.

1 minute ago, slightlyjaded said:

Thing is ASUS is solid. Logitech is an industry standard (and there's a lot of products way above industry standard) Their products work, and don't die quickly, you can expect them to work, and it's disappointing when they fail. For me corsair was just another component added to the bonfire. Having to replace 9/10ths of your computer within three years not because it was outdated but because it failed is reason enough for me to give advice for people to avoid corsair components.

Mostly using Logitech because I like their looks and gotten some really good deals on their G910 Keyboard, 50% Off even, and I'am using the G600 which is really good for multi taskin aswell, as an MMO gamer and even in other games it helps alot.

Though, just my Logitech Headset is outdated and really worn out, the G430, loved it, just think I've dropped it little bit too much.. :S

But going lil' off topic, it's just that the CPU cooling I'am worried about, if I should get a single radiator or a duo one. :S

Just now, WPM-P36✠ said:

But going lil' off topic, it's just that the CPU cooling I'am worried about, if I should get a single radiator or a duo one. :S

In this case spec sheets are your friend. Check the TDP output for your cpu. Then check the thermal dissipation of your cooler. If thermal dissipation is more than thermal output then you have a winner. A cooler with even more thermal dissipation is going to run quieter in most cases as the fans won't have to run as fast.

6 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

In this case spec sheets are your friend. Check the TDP output for your cpu. Then check the thermal dissipation of your cooler. If thermal dissipation is more than thermal output then you have a winner. A cooler with even more thermal dissipation is going to run quieter in most cases as the fans won't have to run as fast.

I guess~.. It's just that, the sooner I get a liquid cooler, the faster I can stick in my second RGB RAM so I can finally have 16 GB instead of 8 :P

Just now, WPM-P36✠ said:

I guess~.. It's just that, the sooner I get a liquid cooler, the faster I can stick in my second RGB RAM so I can finally have 16 GB instead of 8 :P

As I said earlier. stick the fan on the back of the cooler. If it's still a headroom issue then I'd recommend swiftech as they actually use a decent pump that might not burn out or cease on you. Corsair, and asetek might work fine for you as I'm not really the market share they're aiming at, but I'm not about the recommend something that dies on me every twelve months.

4 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

As I said earlier. stick the fan on the back of the cooler. If it's still a headroom issue then I'd recommend swiftech as they actually use a decent pump that might not burn out or cease on you. Corsair, and asetek might work fine for you as I'm not really the market share they're aiming at, but I'm not about the recommend something that dies on me every twelve months.

There's two fans on this cooler, a 120 ontop and a 90 under but the aluminium covers the RAM socket sadly, hence why. But I udnerstand your concern about Corsair since you've struggled with that before!