Air Cooling Corsair 250D

checkmate007

Hi, all

I recently downsized to ITX motherboard and got myself a Corsair 250D.

While I like some aspects of the case, I noticed that the system overall is hotter than I'd like it to be and noisier (partially due to me using fan hub, causing the case fans to spin at full speed. I'll be getting a Y splitter so that I can use the fan control function of my motherboard). I would like to know what would be a good arrangement/setup of fans and coolers to maximize the cooling performance. And please.... Don't even suggest the bloody H100i cooler (which supposedly this case was built for)

Question time!

1. CPU cooler towards the back or the side? (Note 250D has one 120mm exhaust on the side and 2x80mm slots behind which aren't used right now)
  2. Which arrangement of fans is the best?
    1. More side fans? (e.g. add one more 120mm fan at the side for more exhaust)
    2. Remove 120mm fan and go with 80mm for front-to-back airflow?
    3. Switch intake and exhaust?

Thank you for your help on this matter

What are your specs and what components are your finding too loud? What are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.