Thoughts on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

HungryHamster

I enjoyed the new deus ex games a fair bit, Mostly because I loved the first game when it came out, hell even IW was alright besides the shitty control system.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I loved this game, I really enjoyed the setting and enjoyed mooching around the world. It's the first game I've played for a long time that I genuinely thought finished too early and I'm not a quick player, I really take my time. Think I took about 60+ hours for the first playthrough.

I played the original when it came out and I played human revolution, mankind divided give me the most fun.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Mankind Divided attracted a lot of criticism—some of it deserved—but I absolutely adored it. I played through it twice with 94 hours total in the game, and I plan to pick up the DLC when it gets cheap enough for my satisfaction.

did anyone else notice that when you have 2 different ways to complete a task, you can complete one, and instead of advancing already, you can still complete the other one and gain experience points from both tasks? i find that kinda flawed cuz once you complete one, the other task is still available for completion. like this mission where i had to get into the throat, i finished a task and i could already advance, but i decided to go for the other task. got exp points from both. they should have made it so that once you complete one, you should get points from both tasks and the unfinished task should become unavailable. amirite?:D

On 2017-5-18 at 8:18 AM, HungryHamster said:

Hey everyone,

Did any of you enjoy this game as much as I did? Oddly, it seems many of my friends do not share my same enthusiasm. I know graphics aren't everything, but this level of detail just blew me away (click to enlarge): 

You are the epitome of a PC gamer only bothered about graphics.

Ryzen 1700 @ 4.1ghz - 16GB 2400mhz Ripjaws V - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI - RX 580 Strix Crossfire.

4 hours ago, UglyDuckiling said:

You are the epitome of a PC gamer only bothered about graphics.

Really, is that where the stereotype has drifted these days? I thought the issues of the day for dividing the gaming community into tribes were framerates, field of view, and control schemes. I thought graphics were a bit passé in this community.

2 hours ago, typographie said:

Really, is that where the stereotype has drifted these days? I thought the issues of the day for dividing the gaming community into tribes were framerates, field of view, and control schemes. I thought graphics were a bit passé in this community.

You forgot that my genre is better than your genre.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I enjoyed the game quite a bit but I had some issues with it. Firstly, aside from an improved cover system the game doesn't seem to have progressed very much from Human Revolution. You still have tons of augments to chose from but most of them are utterly worthless, the new augments even more so (aside from remote hacking). You can still choose to do either a lethal or non-lethal run just like in HR but just like in HR the non-lethal stealth run with minimal use of augs is still the easiest path through this game which is kind of counter intuitive IMO. Infact on my first run through the game I cranked the difficulty to the max and used only the stun gun and hand to hand combat for all my take downs and I didn't die a single time. Second, even though I found Golem to be a really cool setting, it was confusing as all hell for me to navigate. It's possible that the game devs did this on purpose to encourage exploration but there just wasn't really anything interesting to find there. Third, the whole upgrade system for your weapons felt completely pointless and didn't seem to have any real effect. I'm referring specifically to how you can upgrade your damage or range for certain weapons and not the modding system where you can add a laser sight or whatever which is basically the same system they used in HR. Fourth, while I liked the story I found the game to be far too short and in fact I thought the game felt like the first act of a larger story, the game was nothing but set up with no real pay off at the end. I don't care if Squeenix wants to make this into a trilogy or whatever but each game needs to be its own self contained experience with a beginning a middle and an end even if they want to leave it on a cliff hanger. It felt like they took my $60 and said "Okay, well if you want the rest of the game you're going to have to wait a few years and then give us even more money." I despise that kind of shit. Even though I'm kind of hating on the game I did enjoy the game as a whole and yes the graphics were very pretty...even if the game ran at like 38 FPS on a good day.