Wanna Cry and Virtual Machine

Go to solution Solved by GrandNebSmada,

Ok thanks everyone! Just wanted to be safe, ya know :)

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, TPCSC on youtube did exactly that, and they did explain how it could run with programs/things like WINE installed.

...if you download and run the payload for a worm you're either an idiot or not being careful enough. Enough said.

Edit: or doing it purposefully in a closed environment to play with/test it.

you dont want to dual boot/vm a wannacrypter due to its payload sneaking every ip/dns on the local net, id recommend getting a sandbox computer for a cheap price, without being connected to anything.
also it is heard that wannacryptor 2 variants will actually stop due to the url that it contacts while spreading itself on the local ethernet, and a guy bought that domain and created the domain and it instantly stopped some variants of the worm, although many people have been creating and decompilying and compiling their own wannacryptors since the eternalblue source code is on the github website

3x 128GB Samsung PM961 M.2 (2x Kryom PCI-E M.2 by Aqua Computer) on windows os raid and 1x PM961 as os Host on the motherboard m.2 slot
+ 250GB Samsung 850 EVO
+ 7200RPM Seagate 1 Terabyte HDD
  • PSU
    seasonic 750 prime platinum Active PFC F3
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15S (original fan replaced by an Noctua 140mm industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM + Steel 140mm fan guard)
  • Keyboard
    Cherry MX Board 6.0 ISOANSI + Vector/Tai keycaps+ Landing pads + O-rings
  • Mouse
    BenQ Zowie EC2-A White Edition
  • Sound
    Edirol Roland UA-25EX + Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 x64 (Enterprise) SP1, OpenSUSE, Remnux

I was scared, too. I remembered it was ten days ago when such virus firstly reported online. I had so many important files on computer so i just downloaded some so-called "tool"  for protection. I was using Windows 10 OS. It turned out that antivirus can not prevent such Ransomware for Windows. I was looking for protection that time.

It was said that the version 2.0 was released and it was more aggressive than the first one.

I have already downloaded patches. But I was still scared.

upload_2017-5-18_12-31-8.png