(Help) 3D Modeling Rocket Engine Nozzle Molds

Hello all,

I'm trying to 3D Model and then 3D print molds for some custom model rocket nozzles. I've used 3D modeling software in the past for many projects such as Cinema 4D and 3DSMaxx, however this is my first experience using AutoCAD. I made a 2d drawing and then revolved it 360 degrees, however this apparently is not considered an exportable solid to an stl file. I understand why what I am trying is not working as technically I only have a surface not necessarily a solid, however I do not understand how to convert this into one. Essentially it's just a cone similar object (keyword similar) that I designed a 2D path for and want to revolve 360 degrees to make a solid. I attached a couple pictures from CAD and linked the .dwg file. The top of the picture is my attempt at making the path into a 3d solid and the bottom of it is the 2 paths that I want to make into 3d solids.

Thanks for the help, I know this is a very basic issue.

1.0in Nozzle.dwg

Nozzle SS.PNG

6 minutes ago, LinusLoveMe said:

-snip-

1.0in Nozzle.dwg

Cant open it because you're using 2018 :/

I've personally never used AutoCAD to do 3D work. I usually use Inventor for that.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

id use inventor or fusion 360 for that. Autocad isnt what i would use for this kind of thing

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz