Are NF-A14 s the king of radiator coolers?

ybriK

I keep seeing these as a recommendation for 280mm radiators. Are they really that good?

mhm,got 2 for my radiator and although they are quite pricey i'm really glad i replaced the default fans with them

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

I prefer noctua industrials, but at that level a lot just comes down to personal preference....And yes I'm not a fan of the tan and brown look.

19 minutes ago, ybriK said:

I keep seeing these as a recommendation for 280mm radiators. Are they really that good?

I've got the industrial ones on my X62 and am very happy with them.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

btw. If static pressure and airflow are the only measure you're using, there is nothing better than delta's....One small problem. those things start at 5000rpm, and don't like to be turned down.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:30 PM, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm <-- those are the ones you want for watercooling rads when you want to controll the speed

http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-flx <-- these are set to specific rpm and optimized for that

The difference is how they're powered and which to go with depends on how you want to control them. The rpm is arbitrary.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:38 PM, RollinLower said:

i would actually get EK's Vardar fans over the NF A14s. better airflow and pressure in a much more stylish package!

They're louder and perform better. It's a matter of which is the higher priority.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.