Cat caught a mouse and I don't know what to do with it

spartaman64

Usually, I release the mouse outside but this one looks really young and I'm not sure if it will survive outside. Do I try to give it the quickest death or have it try its luck outside but it might die in a more painful way.

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Usually, I release the mouse outside but this one looks really young and I'm not sure if it will survive outside. Do I try to give it the quickest death or have it try its luck outside but it might die in a more painful way.

Toss it out, it will survive or die either way.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Let it out far away from your house, if you let it out too close it'll get back in however it originally did

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm sure your cat will know what to do. 

i dont think my cat does. She never eats the mouse and she doesnt attack it too fiercely she just tries to lie on it

Let it go, at least it has a chance to survive. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

33 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

End it.  Problem with mice is how quick they grow and breed.  If you want to end it quickly.  Hold the mouse and slap its head against the edge of the counter like your swinging a hammer down.  I have to do this to feed the snakes at my buddies store.  Its quick and painless.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

Put a m80 fire cracker in it's butt and light the fuse.....jk idk give it one good smack with a shovel it is not long for this world. :( RIP mouse. Or let your cat just eat it.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

12 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i dont think my cat does. She never eats the mouse and she doesnt attack it too fiercely she just tries to lie on it

Given that you posted this 12 hours ago, you've probably already resolved the issue...  Have to admit the mouse may be considered lucky though considering all the mice, voles and squirrels that my dog catches are usually dead and halfway down her throat before I can stop her.  In the future, maybe check to see if the mouse is injured bad enough that it would not survive in the wild and if so, put it out of it's misery.

39 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

Given that you posted this 12 hours ago, you've probably already resolved the issue...  Have to admit the mouse may be considered lucky though considering all the mice, voles and squirrels that my dog catches are usually dead and halfway down her throat before I can stop her.  In the future, maybe check to see if the mouse is injured bad enough that it would not survive in the wild and if so, put it out of it's misery.

Some household cats forget how to cat so they can't catch or kill their "prey" properly. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Some household cats forget how to cat so they can't catch or kill their "prey" properly. 

That's because they get trained to poke a dangling fake mouse by a string and chase it in circles while human twirls it around.

I'd just put it in a jar and let it out on the sidewalk.

Sell it to your local Chinese takeaway 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Eat it, establish a dominant bond over your cat.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Just kill it quickly. A good blow to the head will end it. Like said above, hitting it on the edge of a counter should snap its neck and cause plenty of brain trauma to end it instantly. 

On 5/16/2017 at 10:31 PM, spartaman64 said:

we should not interfere with nature if your cat didnt kill it just remove it from the area like miles from your home because these animals can find their way back if you find a suitable place just drop im off there. if you release it outside it will just come back inside or become a pest. and killing it is illegal soooo. 

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

What model of the mouse is it?

Does it have RGB? What sensor?

How many macro keys?

buy a cage and make it into a pet.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Keep it as a pet.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)