Which is currently the recommended HOTAS for Star Citizen?

Go to solution Solved by rucdoc,

saitek is currently up in the air, due to being bought by logitech recently.

the thrustmaster warthog is nice, I own own, but VERY expensive.

many people think dual stick is a decent way to go, I can not find fault in their arguements

if you are considering pedal ch make a nice set as do thrustmaster, I own a set of ch pedals.

this is probably a good video to watch

Which is currently the recommended HOTAS for Star Citizen?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the recommended HOTAS?

• Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog USB Joystick and Throttle
    • Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System USB Joystick and Throttle
    • Other - post it in a comment below.
    • Dual Stick

Just as the question states. I am curious with the current version of Star Citizen which HOTAS is the more relevant.

Also if you happen to know of a Lefty and Righty Flight stick combination go ahead and link that in a comment.

Lets discuss. :) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

HOSAS go-to (which I am using) is dual T16000m.

More expensive right sticks are often used by top pilots.

Warthog, VKB Gunfighter, Mamba, etc.

Usually lefty is always T16km

Don't buy Saitek. 

Words. Things.

Join the discord.

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

saitek is currently up in the air, due to being bought by logitech recently.

the thrustmaster warthog is nice, I own own, but VERY expensive.

many people think dual stick is a decent way to go, I can not find fault in their arguements

if you are considering pedal ch make a nice set as do thrustmaster, I own a set of ch pedals.

this is probably a good video to watch

20 hours ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

Join the discord.

I have joined the Discord but I cant get on it at work.

9 hours ago, rucdoc said:

<snip>

Both great comments, the video was quite informative. Thanks. :) 

I have considered dual stick for some time but nobody makes them at least I was not aware until now.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

I have joined the Discord but I cant get on it at work.

Daydreaming at work, eh?

Seriously though, much easier to have questions asked and answered there. If me or Corwin is on, we can answer pretty much all the joysticker questions.

Also, what's your discord name?

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

48 minutes ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

Daydreaming at work, eh?

Seriously though, much easier to have questions asked and answered there. If me or Corwin is on, we can answer pretty much all the joysticker questions.

Also, what's your discord name?

Same as here; SansVarnic.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Pretty [sic] looking rudder pedals. I may get these in the future as well pending whether I go HOTAS or HOSAS.

See links below;

http://mfg.simundza.com/blog/mfg-crosswind-graphite-color-option/

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/8231-mfg-crosswind-rudder-pedals-first-impressions-and-detailed-overview/

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Pretty [sic] looking rudder pedals. I may get these in the future as well pending whether I go HOTAS or HOSAS.

See links below;

http://mfg.simundza.com/blog/mfg-crosswind-graphite-color-option/

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/8231-mfg-crosswind-rudder-pedals-first-impressions-and-detailed-overview/

Crosswinds are currently the best value for money, yes. 

Have warthog, refuse to recommend anything else based on the build of that thing alone. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit