Hi,

I have just  built a Ryzen 1700 System with Deep Cool Captain 240 EX White Cooler.

Motherboard ASRock Taichi X370
CPU AMD Ryzen 1700 OC 4000Mhz Vcore 1.4V
Memory 16GB Corsair 16GB (2x8GB 3000MHz DDR4)
Hard Drive NVme Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
SATA  Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB Hard Drive
Video Card GTX 1070 ASUS Strix 8GB
PSU Corsair RM750i
CPU Cooler Captain 240 EX White
Case NZXT H440

Deep Cool Captain 240 EX White Cooler.

The like the look of the cooler but I have seen some reports of issues with this cooler leaking.

So far I have no issues with the cooler but should I use this cooler and  what your opinion of the Deep Cool Captain 240 EX CPU Cooler if you have used this cooler in the past?

Thanks

Video of Build

Ryzen Captain White Build.mp4

IMG_20170517_125249.jpg

IMG_20170517_125247.jpg

3 minutes ago, RoyEdmund said:

Hi,

I have just  built a Ryzen 1700 System with Deep Cool Captain 240 EX White Cooler.

The like the look of the cooler but I have seen some reports of issue with this cooler leaking.

So far I have had not issues, should I use this cooler and  what your opinion of the Deep Cool Captain 240 EX CPU Cooler if you have used this cooler in the past?

Thanks

Ryzen Captain White Build.mp4

It's a good cooler. I know people that have, namely @Thinkfreely I know has used it in his system. I've looked into the black 360 version. I do know that Salazar Sudio(now Science Studio) has done a review, and has used it in several build.

Thanks BluJay614 for the feedback.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:57 PM, BluJay614 said:

I do know that Salazar Sudio(now Science Studio) has done a review, and has used it in several build

Yeah but I used it before there was even 1 star on Newegg or Amazon for it, does that make me better? (Yes, yes it does :D)

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

7 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah but I used it before there was even 1 star on Newegg or Amazon for it, does that make me better? (Yes, yes it does :D)

Thanks Thinkfreely,

The reviews are a mixed bag for the Deep Cool Captain 240 EX but I don’t have any regrets about purchasing of  the Deep Cool Captain 240 EX.

Cost and looks are great $135 Australian Dollars ($97 USD).

The performance so far has been very good. Very quiet and provides more than acceptable cooling. Over Clocking Ryzen 1700 to 4000Mhz Vcore 1.35 Stable. Idle Temps around 25C and 70C under moderate to  heavy load.

Thanks.