Need Help

Hey guy's ! i just yesterday bought this pc and i sat for a long time in order to put it together , The specs are :

z270 m3 msi

i7 7700k

16 GB hyperx savage

850 Evo 500GB

750W corsair rm

Asus rog strix 1070 gtx

h100i v2

6 ML corsair fans

Now i have the cooling system going this way :

240 mm radiator in the front(INTAKE) , 2x 140mm fans on top(INTAKE) , 1x 120mm fan at the back (EXHAUST)

Now as far as i'm concerned the positive air pressure i usually have in my case should be fine. but i found that while i do simple tasks my fans would just go crazy ( I have tried adjusting my fan curves through msi's bios a few times but it never seemed to work properly all together..) now one thing i have to say is that while using HWmonitor to watch the temperatures real time , i noticed that i might go into a game , my fans would start going crazy and my cpu's temp would be like 67 degrees or so , and then as soon as i'd stop playing , in less than a few seconds it would drop down 30 degress back to 37 approx which is what my idle is about rn. (I tested this on rainbow six and a bit of GTA so far) i'm not entirely sure whats pushing everything so hard so i though to myself if you guys could give me some advice .. I thought about trying to run a cpu benchmark but i dont know a really good free CPU stress test out there.. so if you guys can give me a hand in setting these fan curves and getting the temperatures right or maybe something else is wrong that the temperature changes so fast on my sensors..

thank you all in advance for trying to help!  

MSI kombustor has a CPU test, but that's beside the point. Try lowering the voltage of the CPU in the BIOS, and reinstalling the CPU cooler. 

Main: 

2xE5530 2.5Ghz, (8C16T)

18GB DDR3 ECC (9x2GB)

240GB Trion 150

1TB WD Blue

GTX 970 Strix (1523/3506Mhz)

Laptop:

i5 6200u

8GB DDR4

256GB SSD

Server:

2xE5530 2.4Ghz

12GB DDR3 ECC (3x4GB)

8x1TB WD Red

Music Stuff:

I didn't touch the CPU voltage i went with all AUTO settings on the motherboard :L idk how to mess with that yet tbh. i do think theres a chance i didn't put the right standoffs for the pump , i guess i'll try that

there's a huge block of plastic on the h100i v2 i didn't miss that one , unless there was a sticker underneath that i missed ... i'll check tomorrow once i have the time to do so and let you guys know whats up , thanks for the quick replys

So what i did so far is monitoring it further more + i updated the bios and after updating the bios the temps looked a lot more stable , i'll keep checking and hopefully it will stay this way

So i found out something more.  I didn't even overclock it , kept all the settings at default except for enabling XMP profile to let my ram go to 2400Mhz as it is its advertised speed. but apart from that all the rest is at factory settings and my pc just freezes and apps stop responding when Realbench stress test is running... furthermore i noticed that Hwmonitor says my Cores on my cpu run at 4.5Ghz yet In the Bios it says 4.2Ghz.. 

Does anyone have any clue as to what i should do?

Edit :

So i turned of CPU boost which apparently was the reason for my CPU to overclock itself , now my CPU is running cooler which isn't bad plus the test doesn't make it crash so quickly anymore but real bench still causes multiple freezes throughout the course of just a few minutes . is it normal for real bench to freeze your pc while it's working ?

yes it is sort of normal that your pc freezes. it uses all of it's power to do the benchmark with almost no recources left for other things

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 hour ago, SleVeran said:

So i turned of CPU boost which apparently was the reason for my CPU to overclock itself , now my CPU is running cooler which isn't bad plus the test doesn't make it crash so quickly anymore but real bench still causes multiple freezes throughout the course of just a few minutes . is it normal for real bench to freeze your pc while it's working ?

No, it is not normal. it means that you have an unstable CPU clock or other unsafe condition. If you haven't touched anything (Factory BIOS Settings) then one of two things are happening:

1: your VRMs are not outputting high enough voltage to the CPU to keep up with demand (called Voltage droop, which Line Load Calibration is used to give the VRMs more voltage when the CPU is under load, usually set in levels) possibly due to defective VRM, or you do not have the correct cables plugged into the CPU power socket, or the PSU isn't capable of outputting the voltage necessary (either by design or defect).

2: Your CPU is thermally shutting down due to excessive temperatures. This could be due to the Pump on the AIO not working, or an improper water block installation.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just to note about your fan config. Top intakes don't do anything. CPU is cooled with rad, GPU gets air from rad and exhausts it from top and sides of card. Only thing top fans are doing is bringing more dust in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, knightslugger said:

No, it is not normal. it means that you have an unstable CPU clock or other unsafe condition. If you haven't touched anything (Factory BIOS Settings) then one of two things are happening:

1: your VRMs are not outputting high enough voltage to the CPU to keep up with demand (called Voltage droop, which Line Load Calibration is used to give the VRMs more voltage when the CPU is under load, usually set in levels) possibly due to defective VRM, or you do not have the correct cables plugged into the CPU power socket, or the PSU isn't capable of outputting the voltage necessary (either by design or defect).

2: Your CPU is thermally shutting down due to excessive temperatures. This could be due to the Pump on the AIO not working, or an improper water block installation.

How could i have incorrect cables plugged into the cpu socket? what kind of cables could i have possibly connected if not the right ones? 

I do think the second option might be the cased and i'll consider reapplying my water pump but how could i test the first theory if my Vrms aren't working properly

Edit : 

BTW , my fan config is that way in order to make sure it my case always has positive pressure inside of it to avoid from dust getting in , plus i have good filters on all my intakes so there shouldn't be a dust problem

11 hours ago, SleVeran said:

Edit : 

BTW , my fan config is that way in order to make sure it my case always has positive pressure inside of it to avoid from dust getting in , plus i have good filters on all my intakes so there shouldn't be a dust problem

What I'm saying is that you could remove both top fans and temps wouldn't change. They don't really cool any important parts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I ran the newest version of Prime95 for a few minutes and my cpu was running around 90C but as soon as i clicked stop the test BOOM it went right back into 40C in no time.. how does this make sense..

just watch your VID vs VCORE voltages during full load. VCORE should not drop by very much as VID comes up. if it does, apply another level of LLC in BIOS. but how to TEST VRM performance? no idea. I'd RMA it if it came to it.

Don't use Prime95 to stress test. Use a more real world stressor, like Real Bench.

i think your pump isn't pumping if it goes from 90C to 40C in a flash.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Well i do hear the pump working , or at least i think so...  

how can i validate that :|

should be able to feel it vibrating, or try to change the pump speed. do you have CorsairLink4 installed?

System specs:

I have the pump set to max RPM and i can control the LED light as well. further more i feel the water pipes vibrating but it's hard to tell on the unit itself tbh , it may be vibrating a little but i feel it much more on the pipes and link4 does seem to be monitoring the RPM of the pump going from 2800-2850 cause thats what i set it to (performance mode)

then it has to be bad mounting.

System specs:

I just remounted the pump today.. i even used some o rings behind the mount to make the fit tighter on the cpu , btw i just noticed my Vcore moves between 0.928 - 1.288 V and my VID from 0.658 sometimes to 1.345 ??? is that even normal??

23 hours ago, SleVeran said:

I ran the newest version of Prime95 for a few minutes and my cpu was running around 90C but as soon as i clicked stop the test BOOM it went right back into 40C in no time.. how does this make sense..

Thats normal. It runs at high temps when under load and drops right after. Silicone, TIM under the lid, lid, TIM above lid and cooler all work to transfer heat away from chip.

15 hours ago, SleVeran said:

I just remounted the pump today.. i even used some o rings behind the mount to make the fit tighter on the cpu , btw i just noticed my Vcore moves between 0.928 - 1.288 V and my VID from 0.658 sometimes to 1.345 ??? is that even normal??

Have you set Vcore to auto or manual? If you OC, it should be in manual or adaptive mode. When stress testing, only manual is recommended.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats normal. It runs at high temps when under load and drops right after. Silicone, TIM under the lid, lid, TIM above lid and cooler all work to transfer heat away from chip.

Have you set Vcore to auto or manual? If you OC, it should be in manual or adaptive mode. When stress testing, only manual is recommended.

Vcore is on auto mode i didn't touch the cpu settings in the bios at all

18 minutes ago, SleVeran said:

Vcore is on auto mode i didn't touch the cpu settings in the bios at all

If you set it to manual, you will get lower temps. But like said before, you are fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you set it to manual, you will get lower temps. But like said before, you are fine.

Alright bud thanks for the help and sorry for the nooby questions , you've assisted me a lot! I appreciate it!

One more thing to ask though , in case I decide to overclock and I want to check the stability of my system , which tests are recommended?

37 minutes ago, SleVeran said:

Alright bud thanks for the help and sorry for the nooby questions , you've assisted me a lot! I appreciate it!

One more thing to ask though , in case I decide to overclock and I want to check the stability of my system , which tests are recommended?

Np.

There are several good ones. Aida64 is probably most recommended. I use OCCT 15mins to find correct settings and 3h for stability testing. From youtubers OC3D's TinyTomLogan uses it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv