Is this power supply enough for this build

Hello. I currently have a build with a gtx 950 and an athlon x4 860k with a 430 watt evga power supply. However, I plan to upgrade my CPU to an fx 8370. Is an evga 80+ 430 watt psu enough for this build?

Old Specs:

CPU: Athlon X4 860K w/ stock cooler
GPU: GTX 950 evga ssc
RAM: 1x4 GB ddr3 1600mhz and 1x8 gb ddr3 1600mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracude 1tb 7200rpm
Disc Drive: LG Blu-Ray Drive 14x 

What I plan to upgrade to:

CPU: FX-8370 @ 4 ghz with wraith cooler
GPU: GTX 950 evga ssc
RAM: 1x4 GB ddr3 1600mhz and 1x8 gb ddr3 1600mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracude 1tb 7200rpm
Disc Drive: LG Blu-Ray Drive 14x 

All of this I plan to be powered by an evga 430 watt 80+ power supply. Is that psu sufficient enough for this build?

Acording to Cooler Master's Power Consumption Calculator, it will use 339 watts at load and recommends 389 watts and a 460 watt cooler master psu.

the 860k and fx 8370 are on different sockets, you won't be able to use them on the same mobo. its enough, but quality is quite mediocre and the fx 8370 is obselete. get a ryzen 5/i5 instead, or a g4560 if you cannot afford those.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

the 860k and fx 8370 are on different sockets, you won't be able to use them on the same mobo. its enough, but quality is quite mediocre and the fx 8370 is obselete. get a ryzen 5/i5 instead, or a g4560 if you cannot afford those.

Yes, i understand both of those facts. I will be upgrading my motherboard to an am3+ socket. Will i have any random shut offs? I also unfortunatley cant afford a ryzen cpu. I also will be doing some video editing, Which is better on the 8 core fx compared to the g4560. Im also only running game at the point to where I will get around 60fps. Im not pushing for ultra settings, 4k, or 120fps.

Just now, MarkH123456 said:

Yes, i understand both of those facts. I will be upgrading my motherboard to an am3+ socket. Will i have any random shut offs?

should work fine, but as i said it's old and not worth buying. get ryzen 5/i5 or a g4560 instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

should work fine, but as i said it's old and not worth buying. get ryzen 5/i5 or a g4560 instead.

Thank you, how cheep is the lowest end ryzen cpu? How well would a core i3 7300 work? Do you know how well CS:GO runs on the fx 8370

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Also, how well can this fx 8370 and gtx 950 setup run modern games at low to medium settings?

2 minutes ago, MarkH123456 said:

Thank you, how cheep is the lowest end ryzen cpu? How well would a core i3 7300 work? Do you know how well CS:GO runs on the fx 8370

7100 isn't worth it when you could get a G4560.

Your psu should be sufficient, but if you have some extra cash you should consider upgrading it, since the quality isn't very good.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Your psu should be sufficient, but if you have some extra cash you should consider upgrading it, since the quality isn't very good.

Ok, thank you.

8 minutes ago, MarkH123456 said:

ryzen 5 1400 is the cheapest rn, with a b350 moco it's priced around the same as an i5 7400+b250 mobo. g4560 is only a couple hundred MHz slower for half the price so get that instead. 

Ok, so with the 430 watt. Would i have any random shut offs?

Wait for r3.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

9 minutes ago, MarkH123456 said:

Ok, so with the 430 watt. Would i have any random shut offs?

No, but it's possible that some of your components might die sooner due to worse voltage regulation.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

The 7100 is significantly better than the G4560.  I'm not saying he should get a 7100, but a G4620 would be a better buy.  It's $93 and sits between the 6100 and 7100 and will help with those minimums.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

No, but it's possible that some of your components might die sooner due to worse voltage regulation.

How long do you mean? What even is voltage regulation?

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The 7100 is significantly better than the G4560.  I'm not saying he should get a 7100, but a G4620 would be a better buy.  It's $93 and sits between the 6100 and 7100 and will help with those minimums.

How well can the 7300 run modern games at 1080p @ 60fps? Is my PSU enough for the 7300?

How well can the 7300 run modern games at 1080p @ 60fps? Is my PSU enough for the 7300?

You could probably run modern games at medium to high settings.  Personally, I think Ryzen 3 will be a good option once it's released.

430W is way more than enough for that system.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

You could probably run modern games at medium to high settings.  Personally, I think Ryzen 3 will be a good option once it's released.

430W is way more than enough for that system.

Ok, would the fx 8370 strain the psu too much? Im pretty sure ddr3 dosn't work on ddr4 motherboards Correct?

Ok, would the fx 8370 strain the psu too much? Im pretty sure ddr3 dosn't work on ddr4 motherboards Correct?

How many times do people need to tell you it's more than enough?

And no, DDR3 doesn't work on a DDR4 motherboard.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

How many times do people need to tell you it's more than enough?

And no, DDR3 doesn't work on a DDR4 motherboard.

Alright, thanks. Does am4 (ryzen) support both ddr3 and 4. Or just one of the two? I only have ddr3 ram

Alright, thanks. Does am4 (ryzen) support both ddr3 and 4. Or just one of the two? I only have ddr3 ram

DDR4 only.  Just sell your old parts when you get new ones.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

DDR4 only.  Just sell your old parts when you get new ones.

Ok.

18 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

How much sooner? What exactly is voltage regulation?

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Completely disagreed, the extra frequency isn't worth double the price.

5 minutes ago, MarkH123456 said:

How long do you mean? What even is voltage regulation?

Can't tell, it depends. As for voltage regulation, it's complicated, but here's the short explanation.

The power from your wall is AC, which means it alternates back and forth. However, your pcs parts can only use DC. Therefore, your psu needs to convert AC to DC. However, because of how the conversion works, some of the alternating back and from the AC is still present in the DC, causing the voltage to ripple back and forth. This can be dangerous to electronics, since they can be pretty sensitive to voltage. It could also potentially require higher voltages for the same clock speeds.

Power supplies implement different things to make this ripple as small as possible, but it's always present. Some PSUs have less than others. However, it's important to get a psu that doesn't have a lot.

The psu you have doesn't have very good voltage regulation, hence why I said it's possible for some parts of your pc to die sooner.

If you're looking to upgrade your psu, I'd recommend looking into a cxm grey sticker unit or S12ii/m12ii.

Your psu isn't horrible, it won't blow up and set your house on fire, but you should definitely consider getting it upgraded.

5 minutes ago, MarkH123456 said:

I don't recommend the 7300, it's a complete waste of money especially when the 1400 is very similarily priced.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Completely disagreed, the extra frequency isn't worth double the price

It doesn't double the price of the build.  They're both very inexpensive CPU's.  The overall cost/performance ratio is quite similar.  It's a better version of the i3-6100 (which was commonly recommended before) but for less money.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

It doesn't double the price of the build.  They're both very inexpensive CPU's.  The overall cost/performance ratio is quite similar.  It's a better version of the i3-6100 (which was commonly recommended before) but for less money.

The 6100 was only recommended because the g4560 didn't exist.

If you look here, g4560 vs 6300 has a small difference, 5% average, max. That's not to mention this testing was with a much stronger GPU.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2902-intel-pentium-g4560-review-vs-i3/page-3

Gamers nexus recently did a g4560 bottlenecking test and found that for the most part a 580/1060 don't bottleneck, and that anything 570 and below doesn't bottleneck at all. OP has a 950, they won't see any difference at all.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler