ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS vs GB AB350 Gaming 3

Which is better? I heard Gaming 3 has better audio and dual BIOS and more fan header. I wanna ask the experts view and which one is more secure in terms of updating BIOS and in case of bricking.

Both are in the same price bracket, so please don't tell me to go for whichever is cheaper. 

Well in the side of Customer Service, both have just as bad fame in my book. Both ASUS and Gigabyte have given people CS nightmares. Dual BIOS is a useful feature, fan headers are useful up to a point, because you don't need more than 4 or 5 on almost all computers and splitters exist. As for audio, you won't notice it without expensive headphones / speakers so give that the value you want.

Looks like both have only 3 fan headers but for around the same price you can get the MSI B350 Gaming Plus (jesus these guys need to get original with their names)

Since it has 4 fan headers, looks like a similar VRM also.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Well in the side of Customer Service, both have just as bad fame in my book. Both ASUS and Gigabyte have given people CS nightmares. Dual BIOS is a useful feature, fan headers are useful up to a point, because you don't need more than 4 or 5 on almost all computers and splitters exist. As for audio, you won't notice it without expensive headphones / speakers so give that the value you want.

Looks like both have only 3 fan headers but for around the same price you can get the MSI B350 Gaming Plus (jesus these guys need to get original with their names)

Since it has 4 fan headers, looks like a similar VRM also.

I am afraid about the BIOS thing. If I brick my motherboard, won't the second BIOS come in to the rescue? ANd I was first thinking of MSI tomahawk, but MSI has really poor service in India. :(

Just now, Folktale said:

I am afraid about the BIOS thing. If I brick my motherboard, won't the second BIOS come in to the rescue? ANd I was first thinking of MSI tomahawk, but MSI has really poor service in India. :(

The Dual BIOS will only help if you brick the first BIOS by pulling the power while it's updating. If you don't update the BIOS, it will never come into play.

If MSI has poor service there, grab the Gigabyte imo.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

The Dual BIOS will only help if you brick the first BIOS by pulling the power while it's updating. If you don't update the BIOS, it will never come into play.

If MSI has poor service there, grab the Gigabyte imo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 11:42 PM, Folktale said:

Which is better? I heard Gaming 3 has better audio and dual BIOS and more fan header. I wanna ask the experts view and which one is more secure in terms of updating BIOS and in case of bricking.

Both are in the same price bracket, so please don't tell me to go for whichever is cheaper. 

hey did you bought your motherboard im also planning to buy one too

On ‎10‎-‎06‎-‎2017 at 9:48 PM, shantu17 said:

hey did you bought your motherboard im also planning to buy one too

yes. I got the gigabyte gaming ab350

On 6/13/2017 at 5:41 PM, Folktale said:

yes. I got the gigabyte gaming ab350

is it good or shall i get the asus one ? and also dual bios is it usefull? i dont realyy know much about it  and how much did you bought it for?

22 hours ago, shantu17 said:

is it good or shall i get the asus one ? and also dual bios is it usefull? i dont realyy know much about it  and how much did you bought it for?

both are good. I got the gigabyte one cause of dual BIOS and 7 channel audio. I got it for ₹8,200 including tax.

yes, it is useful but only if you mess the BIOS through update. If you are never going to update your BIOS, then one BIOS is fine. If you know how to update the BIOS the correct way, no problem with one BIOS. If you have UPS, one BIOS is fine. Both are good motherboards but ASUS prime doesn't have high-end audio. Also check,how many fans you,will be installing. If I remember correctly, ASUS has few headers than Gigabyte.

I suggest you consider what features you need and considering what you might want in the future. also check the official page of both the motherboards and compare them side-by-side. Another thing to check out is the RAM support. Don't forget to check that, too. Both have good after-sale service. Experience may vary.

1 hour ago, Folktale said:

both are good. I got the gigabyte one cause of dual BIOS and 7 channel audio. I got it for ₹8,200 including tax.

yes, it is useful but only if you mess the BIOS through update. If you are never going to update your BIOS, then one BIOS is fine. If you know how to update the BIOS the correct way, no problem with one BIOS. If you have UPS, one BIOS is fine. Both are good motherboards but ASUS prime doesn't have high-end audio. Also check,how many fans you,will be installing. If I remember correctly, ASUS has few headers than Gigabyte.

I suggest you consider what features you need and considering what you might want in the future. also check the official page of both the motherboards and compare them side-by-side. Another thing to check out is the RAM support. Don't forget to check that, too. Both have good after-sale service. Experience may vary.

ohk thanks and also wounder which ran to use because corsair ones are not supported or dont work properly with ryzen processors?

7 hours ago, shantu17 said:

ohk thanks and also wounder which ran to use because corsair ones are not supported or dont work properly with ryzen processors?

What is your full build?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 1:07 AM, Folktale said:

What is your full build?

i have not build a pc i want to build one my budget is around 60k 

5 hours ago, shantu17 said:

i have not build a pc i want to build one my budget is around 60k 

what purpose? Do you want to include monitor in the build too?

On 6/25/2017 at 10:47 PM, Folktale said:

what purpose? Do you want to include monitor in the build too?

for gaming a streaming and no monitor only the cpu itself

1 hour ago, shantu17 said:

for gaming a streaming and no monitor only the cpu itself

please tell in details. You want to play games at 1080p or 144p and at what settings.

15 hours ago, Folktale said:

please tell in details. You want to play games at 1080p or 144p and at what settings.

1080p at mostly high setting 

7 hours ago, shantu17 said:

well. Get these components:

ryzen 5 1600

1050 ti 4 GB

16 GB Ram

250GB SSD

1tb wd 7200 HDD

I will post a complete build later. I am currently on mobile.

10 hours ago, shantu17 said:

I have posted the build :)

I have the MSI Gaming plus MOBO and it has been great running at  3.9ghz and 2667 ram. I has 6 total fan connectors

22 minutes ago, uncfan07 said:

I have the MSI Gaming plus MOBO and it has been great running at  3.9ghz and 2667 ram. I has 6 total fan connectors

but the service of MSI in India is damn poor.

3 hours ago, Folktale said:

but the service of MSI in India is damn poor.

Service? You mean like customer service? I've never had to contact them

16 minutes ago, uncfan07 said:

Service? You mean like customer service? I've never had to contact them

after sale service, for warranty claims and all. :)

I bought the Asus Prime B350 Plus because it has eight total USB ports (six of them are 3.0 afaik).

I'm kind of a USB port whore.

Also overclocked my 1600X to 4.0 GHz without any fuss. Stable and easy-to-use board. There's a tiny bit of background noise in the onboard audio, but it's nothing you'll notice without expensive headphones or your volume turned literally all the way up.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

7 hours ago, Emberstone said:

I bought the Asus Prime B350 Plus because it has eight total USB ports (six of them are 3.0 afaik).

I'm kind of a USB port whore.

Also overclocked my 1600X to 4.0 GHz without any fuss. Stable and easy-to-use board. There's a tiny bit of background noise in the onboard audio, but it's nothing you'll notice without expensive headphones or your volume turned literally all the way up.

Yeah, the board is great. I was initially going for B350 Plus but ended up with gaming 3 cause of better audio and dual-bios and one more fan header, I guess.