AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

Hi, Guys

Im new to the forum but i have been watching Linus for years now and have just only recently gathered the funds to finally build a gaming PC.

The build is:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1500x

CPU Cooler: Be Quite Drak Rock 3

Ram: Corsair LPX 2133mhz

Graphics Card: Amd RX 480 Asus Strix 08G

MOBO: Asus Prime B350 Plus

Case: Phanteks P400

Case fans: 2 Phanteks fans that came with the case and one old coolermaster fan i had laying around thats hooked up to the Graphics card. 

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650X

Storage: Cheapo 120 Gb Kingstone SSD for boot drive, And WD black 1Tb for Additional storage

I'm Just curious what overclocks you Ryzen 5 Guys Achieved? I personally Just got 3.9GHZ Stable at 1.3562v and 63 degrees celsius on the CPU Package.

i'm not sure  if i should go any further though, i mean this CPU is 3.6-3.7ghz turbo like im just a little scared to push it further haha.

Anyways let me know what Overclocks you guys have managed With this CPU

IMG_2840.jpg

1.562V? I hope you like fried chips :D

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

Excuse the Typo, i meant 1.3562 xD

1 hour ago, AndyZ said:

Excuse the Typo, i meant 1.3562 xD

That's pretty good for 3.9 GHz. If you want to overclock it further, AMD advised to not go over 1.425V.

Also, the picture is not showing. It might be worthwhile to reupload it. ;)

How's the Be Quiet AM4 mounting bracket? Can you orientate your cooler? Bitwit Kyle said it was impossible.

1 hour ago, YongKang said:

Also, the picture is not showing. It might be worthwhile to reupload it. ;)

How's the Be Quiet AM4 mounting bracket? Can you orientate your cooler? Bitwit Kyle said it was impossible.

Oh, i shall re-upload it!

Its a good sturdy bracked but man it was a pain taking the backplate which the mobo came with it was held on with double sided tape kinda thing. Literal nightmare haha. 

Sadly Kyle was right, you can either have the cooler with the Be Quite! Logo upseide down or not upside down (i'd personally have it with the fan facing forward) However im getting 50 degrees-ish celsius under gaming load with the cooler sucking air basically off the backplate of my GPU.  

Also thanks for the tip i'll make sure not to go over 1.425v when overclocking :) 

3 minutes ago, AndyZ said:

Oh, i shall re-upload it!

Its a good sturdy bracked but man it was a pain taking the backplate which the mobo came with it was held on with double sided tape kinda thing. Literal nightmare haha. 

Sadly Kyle was right, you can either have the cooler with the Be Quite! Logo upseide down or not upside down (i'd personally have it with the fan facing forward) However im getting 50 degrees-ish celsius under gaming load with the cooler sucking air basically off the backplate of my GPU.  

Also thanks for the tip i'll make sure not to go over 1.425v when overclocking :) 

you should see if you can overclock your ram to 2400mhz or 266mhz, that helps a lot with the performance of ryzen. i can get 4ghz out of my 1500X on the old stock amd cooler at 1.4v 

1833814.jpg

1830791.jpg

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

you should see if you can overclock your ram to 2400mhz or 266mhz, that helps a lot with the performance of ryzen. i can get 4ghz out of my 1500X on the old stock amd cooler at 1.4v 

1833814.jpg

1830791.jpg

I'll look into overclocking my ram, i like to do some research before doing anything. 

what temps are you getting with that cooler on 4ghz? 

Just now, AndyZ said:

I'll look into overclocking my ram, i like to do some research before doing anything. 

what temps are you getting with that cooler on 4ghz? 

idk. i dont look at temps. all i know is that it didnt bluescreen of death or shut off. :)

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

idk. i dont look at temps. all i know is that it didnt bluescreen of death or shut off. :)

To be perfectly honest i was gettingg ready to type "Toasty" haha

but please monitor some temps you dont wanna go too high imo. 

End of the day it depends on your comfort level as linus says haha 

3 minutes ago, AndyZ said:

To be perfectly honest i was gettingg ready to type "Toasty" haha

but please monitor some temps you dont wanna go too high imo. 

End of the day it depends on your comfort level as linus says haha 

it'll be ok :) the 1500x is a very low power cpu. even my 1800x runs around 70c under load at 1.45v on a big air cooler. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

4 hours ago, AndyZ said:

Hi, Guys

Im new to the forum but i have been watching Linus for years now and have just only recently gathered the funds to finally build a gaming PC.

The build is:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1500x

CPU Cooler: Be Quite Drak Rock 3

Ram: Corsair LPX 2133mhz

Graphics Card: Amd RX 480 Asus Strix 08G

MOBO: Asus Prime B350 Plus

Case: Phanteks P400

Case fans: 2 Phanteks fans that came with the case and one old coolermaster fan i had laying around thats hooked up to the Graphics card. 

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650X

Storage: Cheapo 120 Gb Kingstone SSD for boot drive, And WD black 1Tb for Additional storage

I'm Just curious what overclocks you Ryzen 5 Guys Achieved? I personally Just got 3.9GHZ Stable at 1.3562v and 63 degrees celsius on the CPU Package.

i'm not sure  if i should go any further though, i mean this CPU is 3.6-3.7ghz turbo like im just a little scared to push it further haha.

Anyways let me know what Overclocks you guys have managed With this CPU

.jpg

i have a 1600 with the stock cooler. currently running at 3.95ghz at 1.34v idle temps around 35C high of 69 when stressed and a cinebench of 1270. Overall pretty happy with that for my first build. 

23 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

it'll be ok :) the 1500x is a very low power cpu. even my 1800x runs around 70c under load at 1.45v on a big air cooler. 

True that, 65w TDP... basically a mobile cpu :D  its funny the Dark rock 3 is good for 190w TDP a bit overkill for the 1500X, the only reason i got it was because my local PC Shop had it for £40 which is awfully cheap for that cooler 

18 minutes ago, walkawalka said:

i have a 1600 with the stock cooler. currently running at 3.95ghz at 1.34v idle temps around 35C high of 69 when stressed and a cinebench of 1270. Overall pretty happy with that for my first build. 

It is quite surprising how good that stock AMD cooler turned out to be, fairly silent too. That must be a very good build you have with that 1600 too :) 

Just now, AndyZ said:

It is quite surprising how good that stock AMD cooler turned out to be, fairly silent too. That must be a very good build you have with that 1600 too :) 

just did another benchmark cracked 1300....... my system is:

ryzen 5 1600

Gigabyte AB350 gaming

msi rx580 armor 4g

12gb ssd boot drive

1tb WD blue

Geil evo potenza DDR4 2400mhz

Screenshot (3).png

2 minutes ago, walkawalka said:

just did another benchmark cracked 1300....... my system is:

ryzen 5 1600

Gigabyte AB350 gaming

msi rx580 armor 4g

12gb ssd boot drive

1tb WD blue

Geil evo potenza DDR4 2400mhz

Screenshot (3).png

Very nice! im jealous as hell of that multi core score in CPU-Z though!

not to bad for a $300 CAD processor.

also hitting almost 97 fps on cinebench to so I cant complain..... i got the MSI G27c curved 144hz monitor with freesync so I cant wait to test that all out in actual gaming with my rx580

Screenshot (4).png

2 minutes ago, walkawalka said:

not to bad for a $300 CAD processor.

also hitting almost 97 fps on cinebench to so I cant complain..... i got the MSI G27c curved 144hz monitor with freesync so I cant wait to test that all out in actual gaming with my rx580

Screenshot (4).png

Far from bad its really decent, AMD did a good job with ryzen.

now you're just bragging :D im way behind on the monitor front, im using my 32 inch samsung 1920x1080 LED TV as a monitor while i gather funds for something decent! 

The RX580 should do a very good job for you too, the only reason i went with the RX480 is because that strix cooler is so sexy... and i got it 50 GBP cheaper than the 580 :D 

1 minute ago, AndyZ said:

Far from bad its really decent, AMD did a good job with ryzen.

now you're just bragging :D im way behind on the monitor front, im using my 32 inch samsung 1920x1080 LED TV as a monitor while i gather funds for something decent! 

The RX580 should do a very good job for you too, the only reason i went with the RX480 is because that strix cooler is so sexy... and i got it 50 GBP cheaper than the 580 :D 

hells ya they did I am stoked on it...... cvant wait to see what happens when games are designed with ryzen and the rx580 in mind to..... time will tell but i think it will be great

1 minute ago, walkawalka said:

hells ya they did I am stoked on it...... cvant wait to see what happens when games are designed with ryzen and the rx580 in mind to..... time will tell but i think it will be great

Definitely, i mean Doom blew my mind coming from the Xbox One. 

All that FPS and detail! 

Hmm i'm at 4.1 1.39v on my 1700 non X, but it runs fairly toasty, nothing alarming but warm.

Ryzen 1700 @ 4.1ghz - 16GB 2400mhz Ripjaws V - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI - RX 580 Strix Crossfire.