Keep getting these scam calls on my phone

c00face

How do I stop this? This guy literally is spamming me every week on a new phone pretending to be a police officer, a legal attorney, an IRS agent. Repeatedly telling me if I don't call or answer back then the fault is on me and I'm forced to pay some sort of money upfront because I "blah blah blah." Now I did some research, usually, if it was a police officer, they would leave their local department name, they specify a person they're trying to reach, and they would give a reason for their call. This guy does none of this, he just gives me a confirmation number, his fake officer name, and tell me if I don't call back I'm in trouble.

I seriously blocking over 3 numbers on this guy and he keeps calling with a new number. Starting to get on my nerves. Anyone have any suggestion how to block this guy permanently?

3 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

How do I stop this? This guy literally is spamming me every week on a new phone pretending to be a police officer, a legal attorney, an IRS agent. Repeatedly telling me if I don't call or answer back then the fault is on me and I'm forced to pay some sort of money upfront because I "blah blah blah." Now I did some research, usually, if it was a police officer, they would leave their local department name, they specify a person they're trying to reach, and they would give a reason for their call. This guy does none of this, he just gives me a confirmation number, his fake officer name, and tell me if I don't call back I'm in trouble.

I seriously blocking over 3 numbers on this guy and he keeps calling with a new number. Starting to get on my nerves. Anyone have any suggestion how to block this guy permanently?

First, do research in your local news outlets to see if it's a big scam affecting many people. Otherwise, it may be some guy just screwing with you.

If it's the first one, you might get off his list by pretending that you're talking to a lawyer, telling him you know who and where he his, and that you're gonna take everything from him in court.

If it's the second one, figure out who and kick their ass until it's simply not an issue anymore.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

if he rings again write down the number and report it to the local authorities. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Short of changing your number, as iamdarkyoshi stated, there's really not much you can do.

I'm in the same boat. I've been getting one or two calls a day from either a "car warranty service" or "someone from the pharmacy" who wants to sell me Valium over the phone.

There's different apps you can install to help mitigate things like this. I have one called Call Control on my phone that helps to block calls automatically. I got a spam call yesterday when I was away from my phone at work, and the app blocked a spam call automatically.

my phone company can block people if i request it. they also allow me to change number. you should call your phone company.

Another thing you can do is say "excuse me one minute" then put the phone next to a radio or tv on loud volume and walk away. I do this to telemarkers.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

On 5/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, Supermangik said:

maybe you could pick up and troll him a little or if they call as a police officer ask for badge # department etc....

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

When he calls have a recording of "*bliiiip* this number is out of service *bliiiip*" or something like that

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 16/05/2017 at 1:36 PM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

if he rings again write down the number and report it to the local authorities. 

That wouldn't be advisable considering caller ID can be faked (considering this person has already supposedly used three different numbers, it's highly likely that they are faking their number) and an innocent person could end up in trouble for something they didn't do.

Tell him to fuck off, literally. 

The fact that you are seemingly polite tells him you are ambiguous about his credibility.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

6 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Tell him to fuck off, literally. 

The fact that you are seemingly polite tells him you are ambiguous about his credibility.

They'll just keep calling. As soon as they know there is a live person on the other end of the line, they'll just keep calling. I'm in the same boat, just with a "car warranty" service. They have the option for the DNC, but it's crap. 

I finally just decided to use the app I linked above, I got a call yesterday at work and it blocked it without my phone ringing and gave me a notification.

You're robbing yourself of endless joy by not playing along.

I spent 20 minutes on the phone pretending I was a technology-illiterate 12 year old. It took them that long to "teach" me to turn on my computer and open a browser, then they gave up.

I know it's a huge problem, but since there's not much to be done, try making the best of it.

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

Its easy, you say yes I will buy your services, then give them a fake address that is on the city limits, and embelish your spread, like carpets through entire house, or  we have 3 furnaces or regular size, or whatever but be sure it matches the google maps image.

If its someone wanting money from you, then tell him you will meet them and that you have cash in hand. Be sure to meet at a Starbucks or something.

You must realize they can spoof any  number they want on your caller id.

I think its best to have an extension, so you tell everyone you know to press 8 for the extrension.

• 1 month later...

i had a similar situation, but it was was a kid calling me (11-13 years old), so i decided to just keep him on the line ( i have like a million free minutes), now i study in Spain, he called me from Poland so he was paying additional charges, so i knew his parents would find out, so i would keep him on the line as long as possible, did it 3-4 times, the month ended when the bills come, he never called again :D 

On 5/16/2017 at 5:59 PM, Supermangik said:

scam him by saying that (You) are from the IS,xD

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard