1080p 60FPS @ $400?

do you really need 1080p60? You probably don't

If you just starting out in youtube, use your phone, its hard to tell the difference, and people care about content, no the video quality.

If you just doing video, id look at camcorders aswell,  there often better to work with for video.

check video test shots for yourslef to see if this camera can do what you need 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nikon+d3300+video

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you just starting out in youtube, use your phone, its hard to tell the difference, and people care about content, no the video quality.

If you just doing video, id look at camcorders aswell,  there often better to work with for video.

hey if they say they want 60fps i say go for it

even if they dont need it today its a good feature to have if they decide to do any slo-mo stuff later

Photography / Finance / Gaming

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

people care about content, no the video quality

That will HIGHLY depend on the kind of channel you're running. for certain kinds of channels, quality is paramount.

6 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

That will HIGHLY depend on the kind of channel you're running. for certain kinds of channels, quality is paramount.

some channels seem to survive entirely because the video and sound is good, despite having terrible if any content

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I understand that 60 fps isn't totally necessary but we're doing skits and stuff that are sometimes fast moving and we do like to do some slo-mo.

14 hours ago, 5Beans6 said:

I understand that 60 fps isn't totally necessary but we're doing skits and stuff that are sometimes fast moving and we do like to do some slo-mo.

60 fps isn't that slow, but okay. I'd be more worried about sound. Invest in a Zune H4N or something. Like those above me mentioned, video quality matters less, but if the audio sucks, the whole video sucks.

ASU

30FPS is perfectly fine for talking head. If you really want 60FPS just use your phone. Most modern phones offer 1080p60. Start there, grow your channel, make sure you like youtube, then you can use some of the income your taking in towards a decent DSLR or slow-mo cam.

Server Admin | TV Producer | Cinematographer | Gamer | Content Creator | Modder

Twitter | Youtube | Twitch

On 5/17/2017 at 0:06 AM, Hackentosher said:

60 fps isn't that slow, but okay. I'd be more worried about sound. Invest in a Zune H4N or something. Like those above me mentioned, video quality matters less, but if the audio sucks, the whole video sucks.

I have a good microphone already, thats why im not worried about it :)

23 hours ago, mjc4wilton said:

30FPS is perfectly fine for talking head. If you really want 60FPS just use your phone. Most modern phones offer 1080p60. Start there, grow your channel, make sure you like youtube, then you can use some of the income your taking in towards a decent DSLR or slow-mo cam.

Its going to be a skit channel, not just talking. so that means therell be fast motion sometimes and i prefer having the higher frame rate for it. Kinda like how ESPN broadcasts at 720p that way they can get the better frame rate that progressive scanning provides vs interlaced 1080i because the current TV infastructure doesnt support 1080p in most cases

1 minute ago, 5Beans6 said:

Its going to be a skit channel, not just talking. so that means therell be fast motion sometimes and i prefer having the higher frame rate for it. Kinda like how ESPN broadcasts at 720p that way they can get the better frame rate that progressive scanning provides vs interlaced 1080i because the current TV infastructure doesnt support 1080p in most cases

Still I'd recommend to just start with your phone. 

Just now, mjc4wilton said:

Still I'd recommend to just start with your phone. 

i do have a galaxy s7 edge...

i just feel that the quality can be greater with an actual dslr

Just now, 5Beans6 said:

Quality will be better with a DSLR but you should not buy expensive equipment before you see if its viable and if you really need that thing you want. I have a S7 myself and the camera is fine. You may want to use that money for a creative cloud membership or something rather than a nicer camera.

7 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

While DSLRs can film, and they are obviously the best cameras, don't just assume you can put two & two together and assume that they're the best film cameras, because they most certainly aren't.  While something like a GH4 or GH5 is great for that, and commonly used, dedicated video cameras are still very much a thing, and are better suited to the task.  Just because you can pry with a screwdriver, doesn't mean you shouldn't use a crowbar if you can ;) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 2017-5-16 at 6:21 AM, 5Beans6 said:

My friend and I are starting a YouTube channel and we want a camera that can do 1080p 60 FPS.

I have found this one so far:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1072866-REG/nikon_1532b_d3300_dslr_camera_with.html

Is this a good choice?

Any other suggestions?

Our budget is $400 USD

Thanks!

I'm not going to get into the whole whether you need it or not but the sony a6000 shoots 1080p 60 but doesn't have a mic input or you could go for something like a Panasonic G7 which also shoots in 4k but I think is slightly more expensive.