MacBook 2017 Lineup wishlist.

Here is my wishlist for apple's 2017 laptop lineup.

Feel free to add your own ideas.

Kill MacBook Air.

MacBook:

Kaby Lake 

Actually Core i CPUs instead of Core m

Price Drop to ~$800

16GB RAM Option

Matte Black to replace space grey

720p or 1080p webcam.

MacBook Pro:

Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake

Quad Core CPU in 13" Model

Actual GPU in 13" Model

Real 1060 or AMD Equivalent in 15" Model

Price Cut to ~$1200

32GB Ram option

Base i7 for all

1080p webcam

Matte Black Option

Will post mac desktop wishlist soon.

5 minutes ago, E_Marks_1 said:

Actual GPU in 13" Model

Hmm interesting...but will never come into reality

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Hmm interesting...

what does that mean?

yea,yea those specs are cool..... But HOLY SHIT A MATTE BLACK MB?! That would be sweeeeet! :D 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

@E_Marks_1 Edited

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 minutes ago, E_Marks_1 said:

Price Drop to

Price Cut to

lol

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

yea,yea those specs are cool..... But HOLY SHIT A MATTE BLACK MB?! That would be sweeeeet! :D 

IKR I currently have a 2016 13" MBP with touch bar with a dbrand carbon fiber skin. and it looks sweet, but matte black would be 100000000x better

Just now, huilun02 said:

You're wasting your breath

Expecting to get more expensive processors and a price cut at the same time

It's a wish list after all ^^

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, huilun02 said:

You're wasting your breath

Expecting to get more expensive processors and a price cut at the same time

Its happened before. The OG 2012 RMBP was released with 3rd gen Intel CPU's and in 2013 it got 4th gen Intel and a price drop.

I acually prefer that the MBP 13" has no gpu, more room for battery and less weight.

Devices:

Desktop(s): Main Rig | CPU: R7 1700x, Ram: 16GB, GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

Server(s): My Server 

Laptop(s): Macbook Pro 13" (2015) 

Phone(s): iPhone SE (64GB), Nokia Lumia 925 

1 minute ago, aakopa said:

I acually prefer that the MBP 13" has no gpu, more room for battery and less weight.

if you want a thin and light laptop go get a macbook. once you call it pro you kinda have to give it decent specs.

3 minutes ago, E_Marks_1 said:

if you want a thin and light laptop go get a macbook. once you call it pro you kinda have to give it decent specs.

Well when they give the normal macbook better processor and more ports I will accept it as proper solution

Devices:

Just now, aakopa said:

Well when they give the normal macbook better processor and more ports I will accept it as proper solution

the better processors are on my wishlist, but in my experience of using a 12" MB i rarely needed more than the ports they gave me. i do video and photography. The camera i use can send images wirelessly and i have wireless headphones. Sending files to others was easy as i used airdrop or dropbox or Google Drive. I only ever plugged in when making a backup of my iphone on itunes. it weighs 2LBS and has an 11 hour battery life, no issues there. My Current 13" macbook pro also works great, but for the price i wished it had more gpu power. 

Just now, E_Marks_1 said:

the better processors are on my wishlist, but in my experience of using a 12" MB i rarely needed more than the ports they gave me. i do video and photography. The camera i use can send images wirelessly and i have wireless headphones. Sending files to others was easy as i used airdrop or dropbox or Google Drive. I only ever plugged in when making a backup of my iphone on itunes. it weighs 2LBS and has an 11 hour battery life, no issues there. My Current 13" macbook pro also works great, but for the price i wished it had more gpu power. 

Well everyone have their own needs, I personally find me self using the normal usb type A ports almost everyday, quite often while I am charging, and because I don't do anything graphics intensive on my macbook I never feel the lack of gpu power. (I have 2015 MBP 13")

Devices:

19 minutes ago, aakopa said:

Well everyone have their own needs, I personally find me self using the normal usb type A ports almost everyday, quite often while I am charging, and because I don't do anything graphics intensive on my macbook I never feel the lack of gpu power. (I have 2015 MBP 13")

i had a mbp with usb a ports since 2010 and i thought the same way you did before i got a new one. Trust me, Lack of ports and only type-c isn't that bad once you use it. 

Agreed with killing the MacBook Air, but it might not be time yet. They won't kill it until the MacBook can hit that $999 mark, which I'm not sure it can just yet.

MacBook (Soon)

Would like i Series chips, but likely looking at new Kaby Lake m chips. If they can't do i Series chips I would hope that one day they can use m5s in the base model.

Matte Black to replace space grey would be great. Hopeful they will do it.

Price cut to $1099 or 1199

As much as I would like a second USB-C or even 2 TB3 ports, to me the one port is more philosophical than a tech limit. If they could, they wouldn't include ANY ports on this. So it'll stay one port, probably USB-C instead of TB3.

MacBook Pro (Probably not until Holiday)

Phil Schiller has said that they could not hit 32GB because it wasn't available to them, likely because they are still on DDR3 RAM. Rumors suggest that 32GB will be available in the next MBP, so I expect a 32GB option and DDR4 RAM. Sexy way to start predictions, I know

Coffee Lake, since I think they might be skipping Kaby Lake for the MBPs.

CPU will stay at dual core as I don't think they use quad cores in 13" models for thermal/battery reasons. Same goes for GPU. Hell, you couldn't even get Iris Pro graphics on the early 2015 MBP that I got.

I would say that the 15" would get the Polaris refresh, but the NVidia drivers coming out have me wondering. Could just be for eGPU support, but...

If the MB gets a matte black, this will definitely get one. Gold and Rose Gold options as well.

I would kill for the 13" function row MBP to have its two TB3 ports on both sides instead of on the left

Also Apple should throw a USB-A to USB-C dongle in the box for the prices they're charging. Come on, guys.

iMac (Soon)

This one I'm not so sure on. On one hand, I could see them throwing 5 TB3 ports on it and calling it a day. On the other, I feel like Apple realizes that it's a freaking desktop and it's not space constrained. So I'll say:

Ethernet port & SD card slot remain

Four TB3 ports

Kaby Lake processors

Polaris refresh based GPUs

I'd hope for all flash memory here, but it probably just isn't feasible just yet. But for the love of god, up the base hard drive to 7200 rpm, Apple. 5400 rpm is inexcusable.

32 GB option and DDR4 RAM

Mac Pro (2018/19)

Who the hell knows

Mac Mini 

lmao

what about just decent cooling?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

23 minutes ago, nutbunnies said:

Agreed with killing the MacBook Air, but it might not be time yet. They won't kill it until the MacBook can hit that $999 mark, which I'm not sure it can just yet.

MacBook (Soon)

Would like i Series chips, but likely looking at new Kaby Lake m chips. If they can't do i Series chips I would hope that one day they can use m5s in the base model.

Matte Black to replace space grey would be great. Hopeful they will do it.

Price cut to $1099 or 1199

As much as I would like a second USB-C or even 2 TB3 ports, to me the one port is more philosophical than a tech limit. If they could, they wouldn't include ANY ports on this. So it'll stay one port, probably USB-C instead of TB3.

MacBook Pro (Probably not until Holiday)

Phil Schiller has said that they could not hit 32GB because it wasn't available to them, likely because they are still on DDR3 RAM. Rumors suggest that 32GB will be available in the next MBP, so I expect a 32GB option and DDR4 RAM. Sexy way to start predictions, I know

Coffee Lake, since I think they might be skipping Kaby Lake for the MBPs.

CPU will stay at dual core as I don't think they use quad cores in 13" models for thermal/battery reasons. Same goes for GPU. Hell, you couldn't even get Iris Pro graphics on the early 2015 MBP that I got.

I would say that the 15" would get the Polaris refresh, but the NVidia drivers coming out have me wondering. Could just be for eGPU support, but...

If the MB gets a matte black, this will definitely get one. Gold and Rose Gold options as well.

I would kill for the 13" function row MBP to have its two TB3 ports on both sides instead of on the left

Also Apple should throw a USB-A to USB-C dongle in the box for the prices they're charging. Come on, guys.

iMac (Soon)

This one I'm not so sure on. On one hand, I could see them throwing 5 TB3 ports on it and calling it a day. On the other, I feel like Apple realizes that it's a freaking desktop and it's not space constrained. So I'll say:

Ethernet port & SD card slot remain

Four TB3 ports

Kaby Lake processors

Polaris refresh based GPUs

I'd hope for all flash memory here, but it probably just isn't feasible just yet. But for the love of god, up the base hard drive to 7200 rpm, Apple. 5400 rpm is inexcusable.

32 GB option and DDR4 RAM

Mac Pro (2018/19)

Who the hell knows

Mac Mini 

lmao

We actually know something about iMac for 2017, In an interview either Phil Schiller or Craig Federighi, said that they would release a "Pro" imac this year. I think it will feature Polaris or Vega graphics and new Xeons. Plus DDR4 and TB3. I also expect some sort of refresh for the other models with 7200RPM Base, (if you sell a 1500 dollar computer in 2017 you CANNOT include a 5400 rpm drive.) and Kaby Lake with TB3.

2 hours ago, E_Marks_1 said:

Here is my wishlist for apple's 2017 laptop lineup.

Feel free to add your own ideas.

Kill MacBook Air.

MacBook:

Kaby Lake 

Actually Core i CPUs instead of Core m

Price Drop to ~$800

16GB RAM Option

Matte Black to replace space grey

720p or 1080p webcam.

MacBook Pro:

Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake

Actual GPU in 13" Model

Price Cut to ~$1200

32GB Ram option

Base i7 for all

1080p webcam

Matte Black Option

Will post mac desktop wishlist soon.

DESKTOP WISHLIST:

iMac:

Basic refresh, Kaby Lake i5 & i7, DDR4, 7200RPM base or 256GB SSD base, Quad core and 4K on all 21" and quad core and 5k on all 27". 27" Get new Polaris or Vega GPUs.

Mac Pro

Nothing this year, coming in 2018.

Mac Mini:

Probably nothing, but maybe sky/kaby lake and no 5400RPM.

Ah yeah I forgot the iMac Pro is coming this year. I would expect that to be announced at WWDC, but I think they implied or even said it would be out for the holidays.

I would expect it to have Xeons, but I wonder if it'll have the low end ones that aren't really an upgrade over the standard Core chips outside of ECC support.

Just now, nutbunnies said:

Ah yeah I forgot the iMac Pro is coming this year. I would expect that to be announced at WWDC, but I think they implied or even said it would be out for the holidays.

I would expect it to have Xeons, but I wonder if it'll have the low end ones that aren't really an upgrade over the standard Core chips outside of ECC support.

Probably, actual performance boost. People are beginning to use iMac in replacement of Mac Pro because of the lack of updates. 

Dude, when the ivy bridge bridge 3820qm outpaces the 6920hq cause poor cooling, you got an issue. I literally still laugh at how poor stock macbook performance is cause my modded, repasted, 2012 ivy bridge i7 still beats them up. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Here's what I thought of and some stuff I stole from others that I liked. Not all of it is realistic but it's a wishlist people.

Mac Pro:

- Make the thing more upgradable

• Easily swappable CPUs
  • Don't solder crap on
  • I want my HD bays back

- NVIDIA graphics options

- DDR4

iMac/iMac "Pro":

- (Xeons sound awesome)

- Color options would be cool

- 7200 RPM base (it's freaking 2017. gotta wonder who's even making those 5400 RPMs... ugh.)

- DDR4 (they'd be dumb not to use it)

- UHD displays standard

- Graphics cards that can actually drive UHD displays well

- Upgradable RAM (it can't be that hard- but I can see it being a money grab sorta thing)

MacBook Pro:

- Better battery life under load

- NVIDIA graphics options

- 32gb of RAM would be nice, but I don't think I'd use it

- Lower the price of the dang SSDs please

- 1080p webcam

- Optional 13" GPU

- Quad core in 13"

MacBook:

- +1 USB-C port so you can charge and use something at the same time

- Make base model core m5 and maybe have optional Core i3/5/(I doubt i7)/(I also doubt the whole "i9" thing if that ever happens) options

- Include a Type-C to Type-A adapter in the box for the love of peoples sanities

- Idk what else pretty solid device

- HD webcam

Mac Mini (bc why not):

- Make it smaller

- Make it mightier

- Regular updates

- Dedicated graphics options

- Make RAM upgradable at a minimum

18 hours ago, iTech said:

Here's what I thought of and some stuff I stole from others that I liked. Not all of it is realistic but it's a wishlist people.

Mac Pro:

- Make the thing more upgradable

• Easily swappable CPUs
  • Don't solder crap on
  • I want my HD bays back

- NVIDIA graphics options

- DDR4

iMac/iMac "Pro":

- (Xeons sound awesome)

- Color options would be cool

- 7200 RPM base (it's freaking 2017. gotta wonder who's even making those 5400 RPMs... ugh.)

- DDR4 (they'd be dumb not to use it)

- UHD displays standard

- Graphics cards that can actually drive UHD displays well

- Upgradable RAM (it can't be that hard- but I can see it being a money grab sorta thing)

MacBook Pro:

- Better battery life under load

- NVIDIA graphics options

- 32gb of RAM would be nice, but I don't think I'd use it

- Lower the price of the dang SSDs please

- 1080p webcam

- Optional 13" GPU

- Quad core in 13"

MacBook:

- +1 USB-C port so you can charge and use something at the same time

- Make base model core m5 and maybe have optional Core i3/5/(I doubt i7)/(I also doubt the whole "i9" thing if that ever happens) options

- Include a Type-C to Type-A adapter in the box for the love of peoples sanities

- Idk what else pretty solid device

- HD webcam

Mac Mini (bc why not):

- Make it smaller

- Make it mightier

- Regular updates

- Dedicated graphics options

- Make RAM upgradable at a minimum

We know for a fact that the next Mac Pro update will be in 2018, and it will tick off most of the things in your list.