Flatnose321

PUBG

Posted · Original PosterOP

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport? Will it just be charitable invitational like the recent match or will it be able to have matches with multiple teams trying to get to the final. It's definitely an enjoyable game to watch. 

I found the charity event to be very entertaining. Dunno about it as an eSport but perhaps more streamer events and the like. They will of course have to make the game less buggy before any serious competition is played.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900

PUBG is more luck than skill I think. So many times I have dropped in a high-risk area and died because someone found a gun quicker than me, or I drop and all I find is a shotgun while someone else gets a sniper + 4x scope, its still winnable but will be hard.   So games like this NO to eSports.

Fun events like playing at LANs, parties, charity sure go for it, but eSports playing for real money. Nope.

I don't see PUBG ever being an Esport if they keep the game's current format. The game is built around RNG for up to 25 teams. Esport games are built with consistency in mind, and usually pits no more than 2 teams against each other. As far as I'm concerned, PUBG would need a whole new game mode for it to be a proper Esport title.

They are making attempts to change this now.  The player zone is no longer RNG and is now calculated based on where players are (it goes where least players are/furthest away from players) to keep the game moving and stop people from staying in the same spot.  The plane is still RNG but everyone is in the same boat at that point and it is not unfair for anyone.

They do need to remove red zones though.  As far as I am aware: they are RNG.  I have died numerous times to them and in those numerous times I have had some of my best loot.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-4790K   CPUC: Corsair H55   GPU: MSI GTX 970 ODG5T OC   MOBO: Asus Z97-P   RAM: 24GB 1866MHz

DDR3 HyperX Fury   STOR: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO & 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3TB WD Caviar Green  CASE: NZXT H440 Razer Edition

On 14.5.2017 at 7:28 PM, Flatnose321 said:

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport?

Its by its nature not in any way comparable to a fair e-sports game like cs:go. It would mostly suffer from its unbalanced nature, also in its current form it's got two gamebreaking flaws which the devs need to fix before pubg could be an enjoyable e-sports title.

1. Horrendously bad netcode
  2. Bad frame pacing, unoptimized performance in general

I like the game, but as an e-sport it would suck.

E-sport games aren't so poorly optimized that they bring GTX 1070s to their knees.

Unspeakable Evil - R7 1700 @3.7GHz - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - ASUS ROG Strix B350-F - 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466 RGB - 512GB Samsung 850 Pro - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - Two 1TB Western Digital Blues - Corsair RM650i - NZXT S340 Elite - Cryorig H5 Ultimate - The Presence of Aku

Hypnotoad - i7-920 - EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB - ASUS X58 Sabertooth - 18GB DDR3-1333 - 1TB WD Black - Corsair HX620W - DIYPC DIY-J21-BK - Cooler Master Hyper T4 - ALL THE RGBS

Banzai - i7-6700T - MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2133 - 240GB Crucial M500 - 1.5TB Seagate Barracude - Seasonic SSP-300SUG - HP Slimline s3200n case - Cryorig C7 - The Spirit of a Ninja Warrior

Mr. Meeseeks - Pentium G4560 - AsRock H110M-ITX/ac - 8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 - 1TB WD Blue - Logisys 480W Arson Box (I know) - Thermaltake Core V1 - beQuiet! Pure Rock Slim - Thoughts and prayers for the PSU

I am the Living Death.

I am coding your hard disk now.

Your FAT is destroyed and his copy is only in memory.

If you set power off, all your data will be lost !!

On 14/05/2017 at 1:28 PM, Flatnose321 said:

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport? Will it just be charitable invitational like the recent match or will it be able to have matches with multiple teams trying to get to the final. It's definitely an enjoyable game to watch. 

Randomisation will never be esport ... PUBG is complete trash to me ... Optimize it first before thinking it`s esport .... GET A GRIP BLUE BALLZ STUDIO

IMO it would be a fantastic eSport game, but not in its current format. 

There is too much RNG with the loot and vehicle spawns, and the optomisation is horrible. Things that would have to happen to be #eSportReady

- Tune the refresh up from 17Hz to at least a 30 tic-rate

- Wait until more maps , so teams have a selection of maps to choose from to balance player skills

- Perhaps smaller version of maps with less teams. like 1/4 of the map with 4-5 teams. 

- Loot spawn is boosted and ammo is easier to come by. 

Think a RPG version of the game would be excellent as well. One that im interested in watching is Commander, Support, Sniper and Medic. 

Where roles have restrictions on certain weapons/loot. Would make for an extremely tactical version of the game. 

Spoiler

Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6ghz | EVGA Z77 FTW | 2 x EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | Corsair H105 AIO, NZXT Sentry 3, Corsair SP120's | 2 x 256GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Black | Corsair 600T (White) | OCZ ZX 1250w | Samsung 28" 4K Display | Ducky Shine 3 Keyboard, Corsair M50 Mouse, MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers, Razer Goliathus Extended, X360 Controller | Windows 10 Pro | SteelSeries Siberia 350 Headphones

Spoiler

Corsair 400R, IcyDock MB998SP & MB455SPF, Seasonic X-Series 650w PSU, 2 x Xeon E5540's, 24GB DDR3-ECC, Asus Z8NA-D6C Motherboard, AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, LSI MegaRAID 9271-8i, RES2SV240 SAS Expander, Samsung 840Evo 120GB, 2 x 8TB Seagate Archives, 12 x 3TB WD Red

For people saying the game is random and won't be an esport... At tournaments they change up the drop rate for loot so you won't really see much ppl running around til final circle with just a pistol and a pan. From the few tournaments I've watched ppl had good loot shortly after dropping in

CPU: Intel i5 6500 | Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 | GPU: Asus Strix 1070 O8G Gaming | PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650 Gold | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 - 3066 (Oc) 16GB | OS Drive: Crucial MX 300 2.5" SSD | Game Drive:Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Asus z170-a | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window) | Monitor: Acer R240HY | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Zelotes 7200 DPI 7 Buttons LED Optical

Humble Box Build Coming Soon...

3 hours ago, XenosTech said:

For people saying the game is random and won't be an esport... At tournaments they change up the drop rate for loot so you won't really see much ppl running around til final circle with just a pistol and a pan. From the few tournaments I've watched ppl had good loot shortly after dropping in

That's fun and all, but that adds to the inconsistency. It shouldn't be necessary to change the games parameters for just tournaments. It needs to be game wide for everyone. Everyone playing needs to have equal chances for good loot across the map.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

36 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

That's fun and all, but that adds to the inconsistency. It shouldn't be necessary to change the games parameters for just tournaments. It needs to be game wide for everyone. Everyone playing needs to have equal chances for good loot across the map.

This is common for other games like pubg... how do you think h1z1 tournaments work ?

CPU: Intel i5 6500 | Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 | GPU: Asus Strix 1070 O8G Gaming | PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650 Gold | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 - 3066 (Oc) 16GB | OS Drive: Crucial MX 300 2.5" SSD | Game Drive:Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Asus z170-a | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window) | Monitor: Acer R240HY | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Zelotes 7200 DPI 7 Buttons LED Optical

8 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

This is common for other games like pubg... how do you think h1z1 tournaments work ?

It creates a different experience in-game during tournaments. The luck element is removed more than anything. It should be like that outside of tournaments as well.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

4 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

It creates a different experience in-game during tournaments. The luck element is removed more than anything. It should be like that outside of tournaments as well.

Not really... The luck element is still there, just now you have a better chance of getting geared up to  take fights in a tournament. Nobody wants to watch ppl spend 10 mins looting then another 20 camping because they got a shotgun and an uzi.

The regular players deal with the full rng because it's ultimately a survival game, if you want increased loot go play on a custom server.

There's a pretty good PUBG esport group that I watch Weekly 3-4 Twitch streamed collegiate level (college students) games a week AND they Have Casters as well So it makes it pretty entertaining to watch.  I think there name is CBA ( Collegiate Battlegrounds Association)

EDIT: I found there website if you want to learn about there scoring system and there stream times www.collegiatepubg.com