PUBG

Flatnose321

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport? Will it just be charitable invitational like the recent match or will it be able to have matches with multiple teams trying to get to the final. It's definitely an enjoyable game to watch. 

I found the charity event to be very entertaining. Dunno about it as an eSport but perhaps more streamer events and the like. They will of course have to make the game less buggy before any serious competition is played.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

• 4 months later...

Finish the game first, then talk about making it a esport. 

Most esports are ones that are cheap, easy to run, and fun to watch. PUBG isn’t that. 

-Amy Miyake

PUBG is more luck than skill I think. So many times I have dropped in a high-risk area and died because someone found a gun quicker than me, or I drop and all I find is a shotgun while someone else gets a sniper + 4x scope, its still winnable but will be hard.   So games like this NO to eSports.

Fun events like playing at LANs, parties, charity sure go for it, but eSports playing for real money. Nope.

I don't see PUBG ever being an Esport if they keep the game's current format. The game is built around RNG for up to 25 teams. Esport games are built with consistency in mind, and usually pits no more than 2 teams against each other. As far as I'm concerned, PUBG would need a whole new game mode for it to be a proper Esport title.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

• 4 weeks later...

They are making attempts to change this now.  The player zone is no longer RNG and is now calculated based on where players are (it goes where least players are/furthest away from players) to keep the game moving and stop people from staying in the same spot.  The plane is still RNG but everyone is in the same boat at that point and it is not unfair for anyone.

They do need to remove red zones though.  As far as I am aware: they are RNG.  I have died numerous times to them and in those numerous times I have had some of my best loot.

On 14.5.2017 at 7:28 PM, Flatnose321 said:

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport?

Its by its nature not in any way comparable to a fair e-sports game like cs:go. It would mostly suffer from its unbalanced nature, also in its current form it's got two gamebreaking flaws which the devs need to fix before pubg could be an enjoyable e-sports title.

1. Horrendously bad netcode
  2. Bad frame pacing, unoptimized performance in general

I like the game, but as an e-sport it would suck.

E-sport games aren't so poorly optimized that they bring GTX 1070s to their knees.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

On 14/05/2017 at 1:28 PM, Flatnose321 said:

How do you guys view player unknown's battlegrounds as an esport? Will it just be charitable invitational like the recent match or will it be able to have matches with multiple teams trying to get to the final. It's definitely an enjoyable game to watch. 

Randomisation will never be esport ... PUBG is complete trash to me ... Optimize it first before thinking it`s esport .... GET A GRIP BLUE BALLZ STUDIO

Server 1 PC                                                   Server 2 PC                                               GEAR

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700                                                   CPU: Athlon 200GE                                               Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Keyboard

Motherboard: Aorus AX-X370-K7                            Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H              Mouse: Logitech G900

CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire RGB                                CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler                                    Mousepad : Corsair MM300

Ram: Kingston 32GB 2666MHz                                Ram: Patriot Signature Line 8GB 2666MHz          Monitor: Acer XZ350CU Black 35" 21:9 144 Hz  

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti                              HDD: 1X WD Red 2TB                                           Headphones : Audio technica ATH-AD700X                          

HDD: 5X Seagate Barracuda 7.2k RPM 1TB            SSD: 1X128GB Samsung Evo                              Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1

SSD: 2X512GB Samsung Evo                                  PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR 500 W1

PSU: HGC 850W Antec 80+ Bronze                         Case: Rosewill 2U Server Chassis

Case: Rosewill 4U Server Chassis           

IMO it would be a fantastic eSport game, but not in its current format. 

There is too much RNG with the loot and vehicle spawns, and the optomisation is horrible. Things that would have to happen to be #eSportReady

- Tune the refresh up from 17Hz to at least a 30 tic-rate

- Wait until more maps , so teams have a selection of maps to choose from to balance player skills

- Perhaps smaller version of maps with less teams. like 1/4 of the map with 4-5 teams. 

- Loot spawn is boosted and ammo is easier to come by. 

Think a RPG version of the game would be excellent as well. One that im interested in watching is Commander, Support, Sniper and Medic. 

Where roles have restrictions on certain weapons/loot. Would make for an extremely tactical version of the game. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

For people saying the game is random and won't be an esport... At tournaments they change up the drop rate for loot so you won't really see much ppl running around til final circle with just a pistol and a pan. From the few tournaments I've watched ppl had good loot shortly after dropping in

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, XenosTech said:

For people saying the game is random and won't be an esport... At tournaments they change up the drop rate for loot so you won't really see much ppl running around til final circle with just a pistol and a pan. From the few tournaments I've watched ppl had good loot shortly after dropping in

That's fun and all, but that adds to the inconsistency. It shouldn't be necessary to change the games parameters for just tournaments. It needs to be game wide for everyone. Everyone playing needs to have equal chances for good loot across the map.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

36 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

That's fun and all, but that adds to the inconsistency. It shouldn't be necessary to change the games parameters for just tournaments. It needs to be game wide for everyone. Everyone playing needs to have equal chances for good loot across the map.

This is common for other games like pubg... how do you think h1z1 tournaments work ?

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

8 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

This is common for other games like pubg... how do you think h1z1 tournaments work ?

It creates a different experience in-game during tournaments. The luck element is removed more than anything. It should be like that outside of tournaments as well.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

It creates a different experience in-game during tournaments. The luck element is removed more than anything. It should be like that outside of tournaments as well.

Not really... The luck element is still there, just now you have a better chance of getting geared up to  take fights in a tournament. Nobody wants to watch ppl spend 10 mins looting then another 20 camping because they got a shotgun and an uzi.

The regular players deal with the full rng because it's ultimately a survival game, if you want increased loot go play on a custom server.

There's a pretty good PUBG esport group that I watch Weekly 3-4 Twitch streamed collegiate level (college students) games a week AND they Have Casters as well So it makes it pretty entertaining to watch.  I think there name is CBA ( Collegiate Battlegrounds Association)

EDIT: I found there website if you want to learn about there scoring system and there stream times www.collegiatepubg.com 

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2017 at 1:28 PM, Flatnose321 said:

Pubg will most likely not be an esport, while it is fun to watch, it has a chance once it's finished. On top of this it will most likely not get as big as H1Z1 in the pro league, which is small enough. PUBG is like that game you play at home when you're bored, put I can't see PUBG go pro in the state that it's in now.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I love this game, I cannot ever envision pros taking it seriously.

There is just too much randomness, and Squad play at the pro level is boring. This game is best enjoyed SOLO or DUO.

Watching Spreezy play the PGL tournament was almost unbearable. At that level, it's whichever team gets the most favorable circle that wins because the skill level is so evenly matched.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5