Having a tough time deciding between a Surface Pro 4 and a MacBook Pro.

Hello. I am not even sure what I am asking here lol...perhaps, anyone that has owned the devices can offer some advice.

The device will be mostly used for media consumption, web browsing, a bit of audio production (i use those terms very, very loosely...I am talking no more than 10 tracks, mostly recorded one at a time) and some podcasting. I haven't messed around in OSX in a while, but when I did I loved Garageband. The new Macs look pretty slick, too.

I do dig the Surface, too. It is a nice looking device and I do like the 2 in 1 thing. I can take it or leave it, though. I also like the newest iteration of Windows. 

Right now it is hard to decide because both devices look like they would do the job I need them to do...with two exceptions. Garageband on the Mac and there is nothing like that for Windows. O know there are great DAWS out there, but as far as all of the loops and sample that I have for it, I cannot find that on Windows. However, I guess if I had to I couldn't without it.

The final exception, and this is pretty huge and maybe the deciding factor is battery life. From what I have read, the Surface Pro 4 does not have a good battery life. I mean, if you do a bunch of tweaks and run 25% brightness, you can squeeze some more time out of the battery, but who wants to do that?

I read that the MacBook Pro has really good battery life...which makes sense because it has a bigger battery. I do need a good charge, though, and no need to last a while.

I don't know. Do you all have any advice or suggestions on this matter? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

I had the same choice few months ago and went for the macbook and it works great but i would have liked the portability of the surface 

2 minutes ago, OZZA4K said:

I had the same choice few months ago and went for the macbook and it works great but i would have liked the portability of the surface 

Thank you for your response. 

I really like the portability of the Surface, too, but the 13" MBP is pretty portable, as well. 

I am actually leaning towards the MBP for one reason and that is battery life. I really need it to hold a longer charge. Still not an easy decision, though...

• 2 weeks later...

Not an Apple fanboy whatso ever, but they are built like tanks (at least the 2009 Model that I had back in High School) and I dig their Industrial design..... They are a bit pricey, but they are rather well made.  

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor