Is Asus ROG Strix GL502VM worth?

Just a quick question. I've seen the laptop recommendation post and this was one that was talked about. Although the one I've seen is the 6700hq one, there are some good reviews on it. For it's price tag, is this really a good buy? Or can you get a lot better? Thanks in advance guys

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

What's the price you're getting it for?

I'm paying 1500€. But it's through a store for monthly payment, since I can't pay full price right away. 

10 minutes ago, Bytefewder said:

I'm paying 1500€. But it's through a store for monthly payment, since I can't pay full price right away. 

I guess. ASUS is the bottom of my list of recommendations but I believe that particular model is not bad for ASUS.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

17 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

I guess. ASUS is the bottom of my list of recommendations but I believe that particular model is not bad for ASUS.

Would you recommend another one for that price range? I could see if they have it. Clevos are not included unfortunately 

The GL502VM is one of the recommendations Galm makes in his guide, which is stickied at the top of this subforum.

I am not familiar with the exchange rate, but here in the US at Microcenter I can get a GL502VS with a 7700HQ and a 1070 for $1,399 (which is a stupid ridiculous awesome sale price because the cheapest GL502VM you can find on Amazon is $1,329)

3 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

The GL502VM is one of the recommendations Galm makes in his guide, which is stickied at the top of this subforum.

I am not familiar with the exchange rate, but here in the US at Microcenter I can get a GL502VS with a 7700HQ and a 1070 for $1,399 (which is a stupid ridiculous awesome sale price because the cheapest GL502VM you can find on Amazon is $1,329)

Yeah, that's unfortunate. In Portugal, that would be more than 2000€. Thank you either way!

If $1,329 = 2,000 EUR and you got it for 1,500, you got a steal I think. 

5 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

If $1,329 = 2,000 EUR and you got it for 1,500, you got a steal I think. 

Oh, no, sorry. 1 EUR is 1.1 Dollars. So it's a lot more expensive here. I was talking about the price for the GL502VS.

Ah, it was probably my bad in understanding then.

The GL502VS sale price here is just...stupid.  The stock price of that thing is like $1,800 and I don't know what Microcenter is doing selling them that cheap.

7 hours ago, CerberusLabrat said:

The GL502VS though is an overheating piece of crap. Only the VM is worth anything.

7 hours ago, Bytefewder said:

Would you recommend another one for that price range? I could see if they have it. Clevos are not included unfortunately 

There is not much that'll give the same specs you listed for 1500 euroes. OBSIDIAN-PC has some cheap clevos though, but a 1060 model with what you're getting on that sale is going to be more expensive, sadly, so I can't recommend anything else.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday