Buying new Gpu

Poky22

So Hello there I was thinking of buying a new gpu so I've looked something up and I still want to know what is the best gpu I can get for around 250-300$? I know you can get a good gpu for that money so thank you for your help.

RX 580 8GB 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

RX 580 8GB 

Yes I was thinking of that too the gigabyte model looks nice, but a lot of people friends said to me that I need to go to nvidia and I dont know why theyre telling me that.

Just now, Poky22 said:

Yes I was thinking of that too the gigabyte model looks nice, but a lot of people friends said to me that I need to go to nvidia and I dont know why theyre telling me that.

I wouldn't get the Gigabyte version of the 580 as the cooler is rubbish, I recommend the MSI Gaming X version. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I wouldn't get the Gigabyte version of the 580 as the cooler is rubbish, I recommend the MSI Gaming X version. 

Ok thanks for knowing that now.

1 minute ago, Poky22 said:

It depends what you're going to be doing. If you want to try youtube then Shadowplay works great and has little-no impact on performance and also I don't think that AMD has something like Game Stream is you think about getting a second pc - maybe a living room tower at some point down the line.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

1 minute ago, Inversion said:

It depends what you're going to be doing. If you want to try youtube then Shadowplay works great and has little-no impact on performance and also I don't think that AMD has something like Game Stream is you think about getting a second pc - maybe a living room tower at some point down the line.

ReLive works pretty good for streaming and recording, Shadowplay isn't a deviding factor anymore imo

Just now, Inversion said:

Well as far as I know AMD has plays.tv which records fine as I had an AMD gpu before... so I know throw the video just on youtube if I want to do so. My GPU would ofc be focused on gaming.

Just now, elago said:

ReLive works pretty good for streaming and recording, Shadowplay isn't a deviding factor anymore imo

At this price point it can be since if you're getting a mid-range card you're most likely on a budget so aren't buying i7s that can record without smashing your framerates.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

What about like the aorus or the Strix version.

Just now, Inversion said:

At this price point it can be since if you're getting a mid-range card you're most likely on a budget so aren't buying i7s that can record without smashing your framerates.

Well you can get a nice i5 for gaming and so on which is a pretty good cpu for the budget.

580 could be a good option, but can also wait for Vega (If you are willing to push budget slightly, 1070s go for as low as $330 new). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Poky22 said:

Well you can get a nice i5 for gaming and so on which is a pretty good cpu for the budget.

Ryzen 5 disagrees with that. 

Anyway, if you're going nVidia you're paying heaps more for a nice G-Sync display which you kinda want these dats. You're paying the same price for an AMD GPU but FreeSync displays are waaaaay cheaper bringing the overall price down. 

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Anyway, if you're going nVidia you're paying heaps more for a nice G-Sync display which you kinda want these dats. You're paying the same price for an AMD GPU but FreeSync displays are waaaaay cheaper bringing the overall price down. 

So that means? lol

8 minutes ago, Poky22 said:

So that means? lol

That means get the RX580 so when you upgrade your display you won't pay the grand price for a GSync display. 

Ye ole' train

18 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Yet ironically AMD do not currently have a proper high-end GPU to pair with that (Not much point worrying about that for a 580), hopefully Vega will change that (not that I am that hopeful for it). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Yes thank you for your help of course, well im probably gonna get 2yrs warranty if not more, and Ill wait to see what the vega has to offer and the price point of it. Cause im not getting this Gpu like in a month.

So if I wanted to buy a rx580 which version should I go with the MSI or the Red Devil or Asus?

30 minutes ago, Poky22 said:

So if I wanted to buy a rx580 which version should I go with the MSI or the Red Devil or Asus?

XFX RX580 GTS or GTR-S too. 

Ye ole' train

40 minutes ago, Poky22 said:

MSI IMO . Don't know about the red devil , but ASUS doesn't make great coolers on AMD gpus.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

XFX RX580 GTS or GTR-S too. 

But that gpu looks disgusting tho, does it perform well like I cant find any video for it.

1 hour ago, Poky22 said:

But that gpu looks disgusting tho, does it perform well like I cant find any video for it.

The GTS is kinda between the RX480 RS and RX480 GTR (way better than the RX480 RX with if I have to believe Buildzoid 50A power stages meaning its VRM can push 300A to the GPU which it will never ever go to) and the RX580 GTR-S basically re-uses the RX480 GTR PCB meaning 360A or something. 

In the RX480 lineup, the GTR pretty much was the go-to card for the high-end RX480 and people got 1400+ mHz on them sustained. Same applies to the GTS and GTR-S. They're pretty much the best boards for an RX580.

Ye ole' train

Ok like when I saw that GPU I thought it was really poorly built and not durable.