So I am upgrading my system. I currently have an amd gigabyte f2a68hm-h with a10-7890k cpu with a Samsung evo ssd 250g with the os on it. I am going to i7 7700k cpu with a Msi z270 gaming pro carbin!!!!! My question is will I need to completely reformat my hard drive and by ne os ( just bought 3 months ago Windows 10) or can I possibly just download some drivers and not have to format hd and no buy os again?

you shouldnt have too i dont remember having to do so with mine when i put it together 
i was with a fx 4300 and a 960 with the same ssd and a 1tb HD i upgraded to 6700k and 980ti and i didnt have to reinstall anything ^_^
but that was a year and 3 months ago 

Don't reformat right away, try using your old install a bit on your new PC, if it works then keep it, but if it doesnt, then reinstall. 

Just about a month ago I had a windows 10 hard drive that I moved from a Phenom II x4 940 machine to a Core 2 Quad Q8200 machine, and all the appropriate drivers loaded and everything was fine. I've also had some others that weren't so successful, the only way to know for sure is to try it, windows 10 tends to be good at finding drivers (windows 7 can be a bit of a nightmare, but I prefer 7, I think it's worth it)

25 minutes ago, Scubakills said:

So I am upgrading my system. I currently have an amd gigabyte f2a68hm-h with a10-7890k cpu with a Samsung evo ssd 250g with the os on it. I am going to i7 7700k cpu with a Msi z270 gaming pro carbin!!!!! My question is will I need to completely reformat my hard drive and by ne os ( just bought 3 months ago Windows 10) or can I possibly just download some drivers and not have to format hd and no buy os again?

Pro carbon has reinforced pcie slot if I remember...

And 6700K will do the job

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol