Floatplane: Payment failed, how do I retry?

betam4x

I had to add a new card to my PayPal account.  Do I need to set up a new subscription or is there some way to make it retry with a new card?

You should be able to modify the payment method within the PayPal transaction details - if you expand a previous transaction, there should be a link to "manage preagreed payments" or something along those lines. If you click that link, you should then be able to edit the payment method.

57 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Message an admin, there's not much we can do to help you with payments to LMG. 

List of staff here: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

The bugs and issues section exists so that staff can help users with issues like this, as well as getting community feedback on forum bugs. For simple questions like this, asking for the next step, posting in this section is appropriate.

HTTP/2 203

On 5/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

Message an admin, there's not much we can do to help you with payments to LMG. 

List of staff here: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

dood, dis is why bugs and issues exist....

The geek himself.

Sorry for a delay.  While there is a way to change the payment method, there is no way to tell PayPal to retry the payment.  So I'm stuck without Floatplane for a while.

For those that need to update the payment method, click Profile, Profile and settings, and then click My Money.  In the My preapproved payments section click update.  On that screen you can either change the payment by clicking the 'Set Available Funding Sources' or you can click on Linus Media Group Inc. and set it that way.

@colonel_mortis You guys should consider adding something to tell PayPal to retry the payment.

50 minutes ago, betam4x said:

Sorry for a delay.  While there is a way to change the payment method, there is no way to tell PayPal to retry the payment.  So I'm stuck without Floatplane for a while.

For those that need to update the payment method, click Profile, Profile and settings, and then click My Money.  In the My preapproved payments section click update.  On that screen you can either change the payment by clicking the 'Set Available Funding Sources' or you can click on Linus Media Group Inc. and set it that way.

@colonel_mortis You guys should consider adding something to tell PayPal to retry the payment.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing we can to to tell PayPal to retry the payment unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203