Need help with recording stuff !!!

Go to solution Solved by The Sneaky Snail,

after updating the drivers, it works much better, i still have some performance issues but it is good enough that i can deal with it :)

Hello everyone ! Recently I bought 144hz g-sync display and so far i was very happy about it, untill i wanted to come back to record videos for youtube (i was running a channel but 2 months ago i decided to take a break from it).

At the time of recording videos i didn't have this lovely piece of tech and everything was recorded smoothly - 1080p 60 fps high bitrate but now i dont know what to do. Games run fine (144 fps all the time) but when i try to record the gameplay i get 50 and lower fps on the recording(game runs fine !!!). Even at 720p 30fps it was still very inconsistent and choppy (unwatchable). I tried obs and shadowplay at different settings and problem was still there. I don't know what to do, I need help with this cuz i reallllllyyyyyyy want to come back to yt. My pc : i5-4690k 4,3 gtx970 8gb. Now i mostly play overwatch. Thanks !!!

Are you making sure the settings in the recording your using are set to 144hz? Remember that it can have a default setting at a lower resolution. Also if I am reading this right you have 3 gtx 970's in Sli? That could absolutely be causing issues with records, as SLI is imperfect by nature and the recording software might be only able to record from one of the GPU's.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

7 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

Are you making sure the settings in the recording your using are set to 144hz? Remember that it can have a default setting at a lower resolution. Also if I am reading this right you have 3 gtx 970's in Sli? That could absolutely be causing issues with records, as SLI is imperfect by nature and the recording software might be only able to record from one of the GPU's.

my i5 is oc'd to 4,3 ghz, i dont have 3 970's, my bad. I came to conclusion that my hardware can't keep up with 144hz screen and 60 fps recording at the same time. Still hoping for some more opinions thx.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, The Sneaky Snail said:

my i5 is oc'd to 4,3 ghz, i dont have 3 970's, my bad. I came to conclusion that my hardware can't keep up with 144hz screen and 60 fps recording at the same time. Still hoping for some more opinions thx.

Yeah i5 would be hard pressed to record/stream will gaming at 144hz. I did a video with Ryzen on this, and its truly not a gimmick, the extra cores make it seemless.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Have you tried using Shadowplay or OBS with Quicksync?

Also, could this be an issue with the different frame-rates that you're using? Have you tried 144Hz recording or reducing your panel to 60Hz?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

You say that you used Shadowplay, but by that do you mean GeForce Experience? It's a very long time ago that they ditched "Shadowplay" for the new setup, which works a lot better, at least for me. Do you have the newest version of GeForce Experience, and the newest graphics drivers?

My recordings are perfectly smooth, 1080p@60FPS on my 5820K/980 build with no noticeable hit to my FPS.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

On 14.05.2017 at 5:34 AM, ARikozuM said:

Have you tried using Shadowplay or OBS with Quicksync?

Also, could this be an issue with the different frame-rates that you're using? Have you tried 144Hz recording or reducing your panel to 60Hz?

yes i tried to record with obs with everything at 60 fps, just like it used to be before i bought a new monitor and it still was bad :/. Same with Shadowplay but this time it efected my game, it was bouncing between 60-144 fps which made the game unplayable. I will try obs with quicksync, thx :)

On 14.05.2017 at 4:46 AM, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah i5 would be hard pressed to record/stream will gaming at 144hz. I did a video with Ryzen on this, and its truly not a gimmick, the extra cores make it seemless.

ehh i guess i will have to update my pc then. Holidays are comming so maybe after that i will do it. 

On 14.05.2017 at 10:46 AM, Hasle said:

You say that you used Shadowplay, but by that do you mean GeForce Experience? It's a very long time ago that they ditched "Shadowplay" for the new setup, which works a lot better, at least for me. Do you have the newest version of GeForce Experience, and the newest graphics drivers?

My recordings are perfectly smooth, 1080p@60FPS on my 5820K/980 build with no noticeable hit to my FPS.

haven't heard abt it, i will try it out. I was not using geforce experience for a while now cuz it was annoying me, for sure my drivers are not up do date, haven't thought abt it. Will try the other shadowplay, maybe this will work thanks :)

after updating the drivers, it works much better, i still have some performance issues but it is good enough that i can deal with it :)