Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Factory OC

Am I allowed to speak/ask about ROOT and custom roms on Android?

Posted · Original PosterOP
  • Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Because ROOT is the task of hacking Android (not Linux ). Is it allowed to speak about ROOT and custom roms on the forum?

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

-snip-

Should be, as rooting a device isn't really hacking. Android is open source, as far as I can tell, so it's meant to be modified by the users. 

X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

Big Rig (Done) - (Main Rig) - i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz core/uncore - Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16 XMP - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA GTX 1660 Ti XC Ultra - MX500 1TB - 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

X58 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

whip and nae nae

Unlike Apple, Google lets you root your phone, there's even a nice button o n the nexus/pixel phone to unlock it, Don't worry about. 

Hacking Android is not piracy, nor is it cracking a game or software. It's fine to talk about it; I'm sure there are lots of topics on it.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Should be, as rooting a device isn't really hacking. Android is open source, as far as I can tell, so it's meant to be modified by the users. 

Just now, Arty said:

Unlike Apple, Google lets you root your phone, there's even a nice button o the nexus phone to unlock it, Don't worry about. 

Just now, Kobathor said:

Hacking Android is not piracy, nor is it cracking a game or software. It's fine to talk about it; I'm sure there are lots of topics on it.

Thank you all then. I wanted to ask for a good custom rom for a S3 mini.

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

What about in countries where you are allowed to hack Apple?

Or are we just talking about American laws even though this is a Canadian company.

21 minutes ago, yathis said:

What about in countries where you are allowed to hack Apple?

Or are we just talking about American laws even though this is a Canadian company.

I believe they take the most common rule around most countries.  Plus, this forum gets viewed by people around the world.

The awesome build

4 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Plus, this forum gets viewed by people around the world.

Yeah but they dont even specify the currency they are using. For the longest time I assumed they were using Canadian Dollar since that is where they are from. I have now come to learn they use USD.

Just now, yathis said:

Yeah but they dont even specify the currency they are using. For the longest time I assumed they were using Canadian Dollar since that is where they are from. I have now come to learn they use USD.

Yeah. They really focus on Americans...

I guess they could have specified that.

The awesome build

It is the biggest market in the world, where everyone strives to sell their products. But I am guessing the other half is from other countries, so to pick one currency usd the world knows.

To tell you the truth, I dont think LMG really likes Canada that much as I have never seen anyone at all ever wear a fucking poppy. Business men of multi-million dollar companies wear poppies, all the way down to bums sleeping on the streets of Vancouver. I bet theres a bum right now camping out across the street from LMG World Domination HQ in the field and no doubt he wears a poppy. Its something thats been bugging me, and sure its put on the shit list of things they do/dont do, but hey it is what it is.